RAF Pilots

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by theonewhoknows, Oct 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the most senior person who is trained and current on fast jets - sorry - I am researching for a book comparing today with the 2WW. I have asked the RAF site and navy sites too.

2. ACM Torpy? Check the MoD site.

3. Aye - top men are always current.

Suggest you put the RAF questions on the PPRUNE Mil forum - light blue tend to hang around over there.

4. The CDS - 'Jock' to his mates!

5. CAS, ACM Torpy, has been training at Coningsby to get current on Typhoon!

6. Thank you - why would CAS be learning to fly the new plane - will he do it on ops ?? I suppose it is useful for him to know as there are lots being bought. Will they help the Army ?

7. It improves his reputation with the aircrew types, does bugger all for us more ground based chaps though. I just wonder how much training time he wasted. Apparently he did a week long intensive course (4 or 5 sorties a day). Hard work for a skill you won't use.

8. The old journo alert is flashing and making beeping noises...

Would have thought if you were writing a book you'd already know at least something about the capabilities of Typhoon and it's relevance. Might have better punktuashun as well. Sorry if you're genuine. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

9. I don't care if he is a journo, it's hardly a great story is it:

'Senior RAF Pilot learns to fly plane.' *shock*

10. Yeah, had occurred to me. You're probably right, still, it was the "They're buying lots of them, will they help the Army?" bit which set me off.

11. Try asking at Pprune or E-Goat they are crab havens. Unlike the rest of the forces nco's pat their officers on the back and watch them fly into the sky.

12. How do you find a pilot in a crowded bar?

Don't worry, he'll find you...and tell you all about it.

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Quite simple really,If you're the top dog & you're looking at deployment's,Procuremen's ect,it'd pay to know what the kit does before you impliment it's use.Plus,He get's to keep getting his Flying pay !(Which is the main reason! :p )

14. Thanks folks - not a journo - but just interested in the thoughts