RAF Pilots

Does anyone know the most senior person who is trained and current on fast jets - sorry - I am researching for a book comparing today with the 2WW. I have asked the RAF site and navy sites too.

ACM Torpy? Check the MoD site.

Thank you - why would CAS be learning to fly the new plane - will he do it on ops ?? I suppose it is useful for him to know as there are lots being bought. Will they help the Army ?

It improves his reputation with the aircrew types, does bugger all for us more ground based chaps though. I just wonder how much training time he wasted. Apparently he did a week long intensive course (4 or 5 sorties a day). Hard work for a skill you won't use.

theonewhoknows said:
I suppose it is useful for him to know as there are lots being bought. Will they help the Army ?

The old journo alert is flashing and making beeping noises...

Would have thought if you were writing a book you'd already know at least something about the capabilities of Typhoon and it's relevance. Might have better punktuashun as well. Sorry if you're genuine. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I don't care if he is a journo, it's hardly a great story is it:

'Senior RAF Pilot learns to fly plane.' *shock*

Try asking at Pprune or E-Goat they are crab havens. Unlike the rest of the forces nco's pat their officers on the back and watch them fly into the sky.

How do you find a pilot in a crowded bar?

Don't worry, he'll find you...and tell you all about it.

theonewhoknows said:
Thank you - why would CAS be learning to fly the new plane - will he do it on ops ?? I suppose it is useful for him to know as there are lots being bought. Will they help the Army ?
Quite simple really,If you're the top dog & you're looking at deployment's,Procuremen's ect,it'd pay to know what the kit does before you impliment it's use.Plus,He get's to keep getting his Flying pay !(Which is the main reason! :p )