RAF pilot keeps troops supplied in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. RAF pilot flies RAF helicopter...

Gripping stuff indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Like... er... who else would be doing it? A 'kin Liney?

4. Is he in the RLC then?

• Like Like x 1
  5. When not flying dont they usually fondle house guests ?

6. Dont we all?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

It must be hell missing the 'finer things in life' for a whole ten weeks with only the meagre resources of Camp Bastion to survive on.

8. The RSS feeds really are the tri-Service "polishing a turd" of media & comms, aren't they? Pilot flies helicopter, ship returns from deployment, squaddies teach ANSF EOD how to defuse IEDs etc etc. Oh and now we're entering the RSPCA game in Helmand.

I'm glad we're paying off battalions worth of boys & girls across Defence whilst some thrunge thinks it's a good idea for us to be bombarded with e-shite like this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Media Comms is one branch that is expanding and getting a bigger budget.

10. Great stuff - shows MoD are on the front foot - doesn't it?

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I reckon MOD RSS is a spoof, I bet theres a bunch of bloke daring each other to post the most ridiculous stuff but make it look like its not a wind up.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Shite of this sort certainly does seem to indicate that not every bit of fat has been trimmed from the MOD budget. I doubt that Terry is as influenced by the MOD RSS feed as he is by boots on the ground. Still, someone has set the priorities.

Perhaps the increasingly frantic 'stories' about perfectly normal work indicate a department trying to spin its own worth and save a few necks from the chop?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Question for the COs ... is there any value in picking up the RSS feed from the MOD? Couldn't we be spared it -- allow anyone who's really interested can subscribe direct.

14. Perception, not reality, is the world in which they operate.

15. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Wasn't the original reason stated that these were designed to be kick off points for interesting and engaging threads?

Ha ha

Th problem with that idea is that they are 100% the dullest collection of trivia and happy clapper PR that it is impossible to use it as a start point for a conversation, its like small talk in a lift, funny weather today, yes it is isn't it, end of conversation.

Long threads are those that start with an opinion, something controversial or at least something interesting

The only thing that seems to be driven from these is ridicule and/or indifference

Would anyone miss them if they were no longer posted?