• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RAF personnel first to receive Operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR medals

They all got medals for ......".. launched Storm Shadow missile strike missions from their base in Norfolk, the 3,000-mile (4,800km) round trips being the first RAF strike missions launched from the UK since the Second World War."

So are they ground crew then, cos one of the pictures is just of SAC's.

Did groundies in WW2 get medals for bombing Germany ?

They all got medals for ......".. launched Storm Shadow missile strike missions from their base in Norfolk, the 3,000-mile (4,800km) round trips being the first RAF strike missions launched from the UK since the Second World War."

So are they ground crew then, cos one of the pictures is just of SAC's.

Did groundies in WW2 get medals for bombing Germany ?
No, and nor did they get the Battle of Britain clasp for their part in a) being bombed; b) preparing the fighters; and c) fixing the fighters!

I'd be surprised but this is the RAF we are talking about here. An op bonus and LSA for doing your job from the comfort of your barracks.
In the old days, "home for tea and medals" usually involved returning from somewhere else (not just the deep end of a hotel swimming pool on the Italian Riviera, either). :)

No, and nor did they get the Battle of Britain clasp for their part in a) being bombed; b) preparing the fighters; and c) fixing the fighters!
Just no would have done precious. Tell me if one of those blokes had dropped a spanner on his thumb would he have got some sort of wound bar or clasp of some sort, often wondered.

No they were not. Members of 628 Signal Troop got theirs, 2 weeks ago at the same time as the other members of the troop weren't receiving their Op Herrick medals because they hadn't arrived in time

On the subject of money spaffing crab *****, I was looking for someone on the Dii address book a couple of days ago and chanced upon 34 Sqn 's address list and was surprised to see that on top of the usual appointments the sqn has ****ing 50 Dii role accounts for every butt**** SAC and LAC on the books.

Don't the role accounts cost around £30 each per month? I thought it may have been an anomoly so looked through a couple more RAF sqns and it appears to be the norm.

The self important dicks.

I addressed a parcel to the det from our regiment that was on Ellamy and bravely carried it all the way to the QM's on my own.

Who do I write to in order to apply for a medal for my vital contribution to the glorious British victory over some North Africans with slightly fewer weapons than an average night in Nottingham?

Latest Threads