RAF personnel first to receive Operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR medals

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Tubby, cock guzzling *****.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. They all got medals for ......".. launched Storm Shadow missile strike missions from their base in Norfolk, the 3,000-mile (4,800km) round trips being the first RAF strike missions launched from the UK since the Second World War."

So are they ground crew then, cos one of the pictures is just of SAC's.

Did groundies in WW2 get medals for bombing Germany ?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. They got medals for staying at home and waving.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Really, you can get medals for staying at home now?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OUTRAGE!!! Normally they had to wave in Akrotiri.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yep, they got paid LSA and the op bonus too.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No, and nor did they get the Battle of Britain clasp for their part in a) being bombed; b) preparing the fighters; and c) fixing the fighters!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'd be surprised but this is the RAF we are talking about here. An op bonus and LSA for doing your job from the comfort of your barracks.
  10. Bravo Bravo could probably give you the gen.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I've no idea, best ask a grownup.
  12. In the old days, "home for tea and medals" usually involved returning from somewhere else (not just the deep end of a hotel swimming pool on the Italian Riviera, either). :)
  13. Just no would have done precious. Tell me if one of those blokes had dropped a spanner on his thumb would he have got some sort of wound bar or clasp of some sort, often wondered.
  14. Thoroughly deserved. Well done chaps.
  15. Dig in or check in. You stick to your crummy rat packs and I'll have a nice bit of rump steak washed down with a few glasses of red thanks to Queenies deep pockets.