RAF Pair Killed In Mid-Air Plane Smash

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Jun 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On a Sunday that's likely to be University Air Squadron or Air Training Corps cadets.

2. Sad news - RIP
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Driving down, the M40 this afternoon saw the A/C go down. Very sad news on the Crews
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP,My condolences to the familes
    I hope this does'nt sound insensitive but I hope the were no cadets on board.To loose anybody is a tradegy.
  5. Sorry to be a duffer but was the RAF Trainer on low level training? I didn't think gliders went particularly high. I didn't realise glider pilots carried chutes either. You would have expected the fatalities to be the other way round.
    My condolences in any case.
  6. Depending on conditions, gliders can go well above 10000'. Busy piece of airspace for gliders, puddle jumpers and all sorts of aircraft around that area. Especially on a summers weekend.

Doesn't bode well for these sort of activities in the future. Shite time for the families.
  7. They do indeed carry chutes, but I always thought it would take so long to get out of the glider that you'd be in the ground by the time you could bail.

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Sky just announced it was a RAF Reservist & an Air cadet.
  9. Adrenaline can make you do strange things, when you need to.

RIP to the two lost in this incident.
  10. Hence why I suggested this accident will not bode well for future ATC AEFs. St Athan a couple of months ago was bad enough.
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

H&S wallas & parent groups will be all over this before the AAIB even get's into gear.
    I remember when I was a cadet & went up in a Chipmonk,could hardley see over the cockpit coaming!Brill.