RAF Pair Killed In Mid-Air Plane Smash

RIP.

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Driving down, the M40 this afternoon saw the A/C go down. Very sad news on the Crews

RIP,My condolences to the familes
I hope this does'nt sound insensitive but I hope the were no cadets on board.To loose anybody is a tradegy.
Spike

Sorry to be a duffer but was the RAF Trainer on low level training? I didn't think gliders went particularly high. I didn't realise glider pilots carried chutes either. You would have expected the fatalities to be the other way round.
My condolences in any case.

Markintime said:
Sorry to be a duffer but was the RAF Trainer on low level training? I didn't think gliders went particularly high.
Depending on conditions, gliders can go well above 10000'. Busy piece of airspace for gliders, puddle jumpers and all sorts of aircraft around that area. Especially on a summers weekend.

Doesn't bode well for these sort of activities in the future. Shite time for the families.

Markintime said:
Sorry to be a duffer but was the RAF Trainer on low level training? I didn't think gliders went particularly high. I didn't realise glider pilots carried chutes either. You would have expected the fatalities to be the other way round.
They do indeed carry chutes, but I always thought it would take so long to get out of the glider that you'd be in the ground by the time you could bail.

RIP

C

cloudbuster

paulus said:
Markintime said:
They do indeed carry chutes, but I always thought it would take so long to get out of the glider that you'd be in the ground by the time you could bail.

RIP
Adrenaline can make you do strange things, when you need to.

RIP to the two lost in this incident.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
spike7451 said:
Jeezus,
Sky just announced it was a RAF Reservist & an Air cadet.
Hence why I suggested this accident will not bode well for future ATC AEFs. St Athan a couple of months ago was bad enough.
Agreed,
H&S wallas & parent groups will be all over this before the AAIB even get's into gear.
I remember when I was a cadet & went up in a Chipmonk,could hardley see over the cockpit coaming!Brill.

How come the glider wallah had a parachute, but the fellas in the Crab plane had none? Is it not SOPs for them?

MsG

RIP a sad waste of lives, and I hope this is not RIP to Air Experience Flying or Air Experience Gliding, both valuable parts of Cadet training.