RAF Pack Left Me on Clutches

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tawahi-50, Feb 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely she doesn't mean clutches.

I imagine the Express will get around to correcting this mistake but I must admit on first reading it reminded me of the old military myth the last line of which is; "Most of them leave her hanging there" :D

Sounds like a gang of crabs misbehaving down in the MT shed

RAF Pack Left Me on Clutches

2. It's not a typo I'm afraid. Nicole is Chinese.

Hat, Coat, Gloves, Wellies, Badger Scraper, TAXI!

3. No need for a review. It's called a 'filter', Nicole. You and the others obviously aren't suited for mil service even if it is the crabs.

4. Crabs and pack who would ever have thought that up, do they do them in pink off the shoulder numbers now?

5. Rejected by crabs. Is there a lower point in one's life?

6. Also, was she joining the crabs circa 1940?

Lazy journalism (or at least image sourcing), but then it is the Express.

7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Yup....being accepted by the crabs and thinking it makes you a soldier.

8. :D

9. Why are the raf doing bergan runs/marches ?Its not really their thing is it ? Lost all sympathy when she started whining about more compo.

10. Not exactly on thread, but on Friday evening I was waiting for someone down Prague old town, and I noticed an alkie beggar who is quite a fixture around the centre walking down the opposite pavement as bold as brass with his crutches under his arm - a meeting with Jesus, perhaps? Pity I didn't have the camera with me.

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Yup,being a welsh bint on Warzone!!!

12. There are short-back bergans available but no one seems to be bothered what bergan you are given. I know I was never asked if the bergan I was issued fitted me. Perhaps she has a point?

13. what? 5 mile runs? Would never happen in my day - they'll be digging in, not checking in next, all down hill since they closed Swinderby

14. I think "review" is code for make PT and fitness standards easier for girls so they can get in to the Forces.

That and "I want more compo".

Either RAF training is nails or their are many girls of similar height as Nicole that CAN cope with bergan training.

It is a shame someone so intent on joining hte forces hasn´t made it, but...

15. As far as I'm aware, you only get the choice of what bergan you want to wear on a pre paid civvy outward-bound weekend.

What next? "This rifle isn't very comfortable, do you have one in a smaller size?". :roll: