RAF outrage on Facebook

I've come across the following group on Facebook, with the rumoured merging of the RAF and Army, the RAF seem to have taken umbrage to the thought of being subsumed into the military. There seems to be a lot of anti-Army sentiment on there, so I thought I'd share this with you:
Click

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Stuart Spencer said:
"The Royal Air Force is a highly technical and efficient force,manned by exceptionally well motivated individuals who possess great individual qualities"

My Arse, every operation I've been on the sideways walking dicks have lost my baggage. They can't do the simple stuff let alone the technical. *******
:D

Barrier up...................................

Dudley Walker: It's happening! they call it Jointery and colour it purple but I joined to wear a blue suit and will certainly leave if they try to make me look like a tree! I'm getting far too much of it here in Ay Nik I've already been on a field exercise and have to go to mandatory PT sessions 8 times a month! at 0620 in the morning for God sake! What are we coming to? can't see me in a european force I can't stand the frogs!
Poor little flower!

THE ARMY IS A CEEPING GREEN CANCER EATING EVERYTHING THAT IT TOUCHES
:lol:

carlbcfc said:
"Simon Halliday: We need to save the RAF, practically speaking there is no part of the Army or Navy gay enough to absorb that many crabs."
:lol:

Barrier down.........................

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Tango said:
Dudley Walker: It's happening! they call it Jointery and colour it purple but I joined to wear a blue suit and will certainly leave if they try to make me look like a tree! I'm getting far too much of it here in Ay Nik I've already been on a field exercise and have to go to mandatory PT sessions 8 times a month! at 0620 in the morning for God sake! What are we coming to? can't see me in a european force I can't stand the frogs!
Poor little flower!
He didn't get much sympathy there either.

Tim O'leary said:
PT 8 times a month?! Anyone would think you were in the military or something; dry your eyes cupcake.
Danny Jancso said:
Do the math, thats twice a week. You'd do more if you were a civvy!

What annoys me (as well as the slating of the Army) is the fact that the only thing they (the users of the group, not the RAF on the whole) can justify themselves with is/was the Battle of Britain. I'm not denying that they were supremely brave etc when it came to WW2, but is that all they can think of?

Tango said:
What annoys me (as well as the slating of the Army) is the fact that the only thing they (the users of the group, not the RAF on the whole) can justify themselves with is/was the Battle of Britain. I'm not denying that they were supremely brave etc when it came to WW2, but is that all they can think of?

One poor child HAD to do PT at 06:20 in the morning 8O
for god's sake they have it really rough :D

Tango said:
Come on? what about all those insurgents on camel back with muskets they've strafed since then?

Tango said:
Agreed.

The RAF didn't win the Battle of Britain anyway, Jerry (thanfully) gave up and walked away from a very winable situation that would have resulted in more than just the QRL wearing death's head cap badges on the street of this green and plesant land!

S-mise said:
Tango said:
Come on? what about all those insurgents on camel back with muskets they've strafed since then?
Don't get me wrong, I genuinely believe the RAF FAS are fantastic on ops, when we use them, as opposed to the Americans. I just think that the users of the Facebook group need to think of more than the Battle of Britain as an example of justifying their existence.

I do believe that sometime during 1981, the whole of RAF Guetersloh had to go without joghurt for a fortnight. The cookhouse made a serious error of judgement and people had to suffer because of it.

But they lived to whine another day.

mistersoft said:
I do believe that sometime during 1981, the whole of RAF Guetersloh had to go without joghurt for a fortnight. The cookhouse made a serious error of judgement and people had to suffer because of it.

But they lived to whine another day.
They've never been the same since they had to give up wearing blue poly shirts with ties in combats (but still wearing shoes DMS ) whilst trying to guard JHQ NAAFI and getting far too close to the bratty wagon on a Saturday which was habitually used as a shelf for their small metal guns whilst blowing their noses on hankies kept in their never got the buckle scuffed or canvas wet webbing ammo pouches circa 1983!

StickyToffeePudding said:
Tango said:
Agreed.

The RAF didn't win the Battle of Britain anyway, Jerry (thanfully) gave up and walked away from a very winable situation that would have resulted in more than just the QRL wearing death's head cap badges on the street of this green and plesant land!
The wisest of men has his hindsight first. The whole campaign was handled very well by the UK. Yes it was a close thing but your point is just another of histories 'what ifs'.

I have loads of (well 3) crab mates that I drink with and this rumour is fantastic... For me. :D

Let them suffer. We know it wont happen but let them suffer anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sluice_dweller The Intelligence Cell 40
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 16
bullshit The Intelligence Cell 6