RAF or Navy forums

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Good CO, Mar 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Does anyone know of an RAF, RM or RN equivalent of ARRSE? Or in fact military forums other than www.militaryforums.co.uk?

Just curious ;)

2. Good CO

In view of the tri-service nature of our voter information project, I had a good look round but couldnt find anything comparable with our beloved ARRSE.

Our message has, to my knowledge, been reaching some light and dark blue areas.

If anyone does know of any such RN/RM/RAF site, I would still be interested to hear of it.

3. goes without saying :D :D

4. there is a Naval forum;

mylostoppos.com

But they ask you for a lot of personal info before you can join, and you have to pay..

5. The nearest I've seen for the RAF is the Mil section of www.pprune.org - it is about as close as it gets I think.

6. G3Ops,
    You cannot be referring to HQ FLEET at Northwood; that is a site that neither answers questions, denies rumours or does anything within 24 hours. Similar arguaments apply to STRIKE and LAND lol....

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Mmm..

Except for PPRUNE, they've not really got the same life about them I feel. I wonder if that's a result of the nature of the users, the size of the organisations concerned or the people running the sites.

8. Do I hear the twitching of cash-antennae? Synapses rattling back and forth as the Good CO spots an opportunity to flog an all encompassing Tri-Service site to potentail advertisers? We'd have to change the 'theme' to something purple :lol:

9. I think it is the ethos of the people.
    I spent 2 years with a joint service police unit in Bahrain. The Blues Brothers (dark and light) did seem to come from a different planet. They just did not relate to each other the way the soldier element did. No real sense - to an outsider - of comradeship. Had difficulty seeing jokes during working hours. As time wore on with individuals they came around a bit and joined in but there was always that reserve.

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

"The Purple Beret" www.purplehelmet.co.uk perhaps?

I don't think it would be worth it financially to be honest. And I think the ethos comment may be spot on.

11. Would be interesting to see which type of visitor you got to THAT site! 8O :lol:

12. I am not sure that they still run it, but it was called "Buzz Buster" (Buzz being fish-head slang for rumour) and it was run on Chots-type work systems. A RN type I used to know spoke highly of it. I think it was sanctioned by 2SL's office or similar and it meant that anyone could submit a "Buzz" and the official information/truth would be posted for the entire Navy to see - not a bad idea IMHO.

13. I think Second Sea Lord's site is dii only, if it is still running. I've never looked. Getting a staff officer pi$$ed is a better way to get buzzes confirmed or denied.

ARRSE is, as a poster said the top military site and as it hosts matelots, booties and crabs already, there appears to be no need for rival sites.

What was that about 'jointery?'

14. How about a board for light/dark blue sorts in here COs?