• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RAF or Navy forums

Good CO

In view of the tri-service nature of our voter information project, I had a good look round but couldnt find anything comparable with our beloved ARRSE.

Our message has, to my knowledge, been reaching some light and dark blue areas.

If anyone does know of any such RN/RM/RAF site, I would still be interested to hear of it.

there is a Naval forum;

mylostoppos.com

But they ask you for a lot of personal info before you can join, and you have to pay..

To register, you will need to specify a username and password, a valid and correctly entered email address and a brief record of your service record details - your official service number is optional. This record is a requirement for security reasons and allows us to verify that "you are" who you say "you are"......ex or serving RN or Armed Forces......It is also in your best interest to ensure that your email address is genuine and entered correctly. Because we will send an instant verification to that email address that you enter in registration process.....you will then need to click on a link within the email we send to your entered email address to complete your registration.....what this basically means is that if your email address is not genuine you will not be able to register on Lostoppos
and we don't like that, do we? :?

G3Ops,
You cannot be referring to HQ FLEET at Northwood; that is a site that neither answers questions, denies rumours or does anything within 24 hours. Similar arguaments apply to STRIKE and LAND lol....

Mmm..

Except for PPRUNE, they've not really got the same life about them I feel. I wonder if that's a result of the nature of the users, the size of the organisations concerned or the people running the sites.

E

error_unknown

Good CO said:
Mmm..

Except for PPRUNE, they've not really got the same life about them I feel. I wonder if that's a result of the nature of the users, the size of the organisations concerned or the people running the sites.
Do I hear the twitching of cash-antennae? Synapses rattling back and forth as the Good CO spots an opportunity to flog an all encompassing Tri-Service site to potentail advertisers? We'd have to change the 'theme' to something purple :lol:

Good CO said:
Mmm..

I think it is the ethos of the people.
I spent 2 years with a joint service police unit in Bahrain. The Blues Brothers (dark and light) did seem to come from a different planet. They just did not relate to each other the way the soldier element did. No real sense - to an outsider - of comradeship. Had difficulty seeing jokes during working hours. As time wore on with individuals they came around a bit and joined in but there was always that reserve.

chickenpunk said:
Good CO said:
Mmm..

Do I hear the twitching of cash-antennae? Synapses rattling back and forth as the Good CO spots an opportunity to flog an all encompassing Tri-Service site to potentail advertisers? We'd have to change the 'theme' to something purple :lol:
"The Purple Beret" www.purplehelmet.co.uk perhaps?

I don't think it would be worth it financially to be honest. And I think the ethos comment may be spot on.

G3Ops said:
Heard of a site run by the Navy where bods can ask questions and get rumours confirmed or denied officially within 24 hours.

Dunno what it's called though :roll:
I am not sure that they still run it, but it was called "Buzz Buster" (Buzz being fish-head slang for rumour) and it was run on Chots-type work systems. A RN type I used to know spoke highly of it. I think it was sanctioned by 2SL's office or similar and it meant that anyone could submit a "Buzz" and the official information/truth would be posted for the entire Navy to see - not a bad idea IMHO.

I think Second Sea Lord's site is dii only, if it is still running. I've never looked. Getting a staff officer pi$$ed is a better way to get buzzes confirmed or denied.

ARRSE is, as a poster said the top military site and as it hosts matelots, booties and crabs already, there appears to be no need for rival sites.

What was that about 'jointery?'

Latest Threads