RAF or Air corps??

It don't look like there are enough cabs left for "wazzing and zooming".

I used to like the Sioux for being thrown about in.
The other Services are in a similar position regarding available airframes.
The 80 knot goldfish bowl was good for vomiting until they painted a yellow line around the bubble.

When I left the army in 97, I fully expected the cavalry to be properly mounted and flying gunships within a decade.
Think of the money to be saved by scrapping challenger and replacing the Tk Tptr Regiments with a whole brigade of Ghurkas.

ugly

LE
There are two ways of looking at this, you join the army as an officer, you may not get the corps of your choice but you will still be in the army and an officer unless you join the Royal Signals.
Join the RAF dont make the grade in flying and end up the equivalent of a Halfords/Travelodge/typing pool commander in a nasty uniform!

Hi everyone,
I am 16 years old and currently taking my GCSEs. I like the idea of becoming a pilot in the AAC after High school and was wondering: what is it really like to in the Air corps??
Don't forget that the Royal Navy has a flying capability as well. Have a look here:

Fleet Air Arm

Edit to add: the FAA also includes the Commando Helicopter Force too.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

There were rumours of an additional 12 Apaches...
Still not very impressive.
60, perhaps might be worth it.

next problem, AIUI is finding sufficient aircrew.

then the greenies and blackies to maintain the sods.
unless our political betters think it is easier and cheaper t o.contract it out.

bit of a problem.when you get into a shooting war, getting contractors.out to cabs

Still not very impressive.
60, perhaps might be worth it.

next problem, AIUI is finding sufficient aircrew.

then the greenies and blackies to maintain the sods.
unless our political betters think it is easier and cheaper t o.contract it out.

bit of a problem.when you get into a shooting war, getting contractors.out to cabs
It's clearly enough for current planned activities.

The whole Military Flying Training System is fcuked. Don't join anybody. Download DCS on a decent gaming PC and study cybersecurity.
Have to agree with you there VM; I have a commissioned holding officer who's prospects of completing training and getting onto an operational unit are about 10 years away. Which is why he's now actively looking at joining the RAAF.

If you really want to fly for a living I'd go for Emirates or Etihad.