RAF officers make a Great Escape

Ministry of Defence said:
Six RAF officers have travelled to the former 'Great Escape' prison camp - Stalag Luft III in Zagan, Poland - to re-enact activities which were carried out by prisoners of war (POWs) in their attempts to escape from the camp during the Second World War.

More...

I tought it was a story about the next Tranche of redundancies!

[h=2]
RAF officers make a Great Escape[/h]

Originally Posted by Ministry of Defence
Six RAF officers have travelled to the former 'Great Escape' prison camp - Stalag Luft III in Zagan, Poland - to re-enact activities which were carried out by prisoners of war (POWs) in their attempts to escape from the camp during the Second World War.

More...

Anyone for early retirement if you are all so busy.

Sadly, out of the 76 men who escaped during the Great Escape only three made it home. The others were all captured, many of them hundreds of miles from the camp. They'd travelled by train, boat and on foot.

They triggered a search of gigantic proportions - tens of thousands of German soldiers and police were deployed to hunt the escapees. Of the 73 captured only 23 were reimprisoned. The remaining 50 were all shot on direct orders from Hitler himself.
Interesting to see the Current SBO, was a guest of the Iraqis in 1990.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing to do with advertising all-expenses getaways in five star hotels then?

I tought it was a story about the next Tranche of redundancies!
Likewise. I thought that they had all had their applications for VERS approved. Anyway, I fail to see how this is in any way news Must be a slow day at HQ AIR. The more that the RAF publicise feeble attention-seeking headlines like this, the more that they will sink into irrelevance.

Who gives a flying **** about these worthless, posh, useless set of oxygen robbing cnuts
Except when flying top cover, but hey we don't need them for that do we? We can rely on those well trained professionals, the Yankers...

This RAF lot really are a riot. They must be great out on the piss, not. Their idea of a good night out must be a tot of sherry, home before ten and a cup of cocoa, pipe and slippers brigade etc

My bold. This comment is going to get framed at Cranwell. It's the first time anyone has ever called an RAF officer "posh."
Fair point, they are not posh, they are wannabe posh. I'd rate them as somewhere in between working class and middle class, with a touch of snobbery and a truck load of arrogance

Who gives a flying **** about these worthless, posh, useless set of oxygen robbing cnuts
My Father spent 37 years of his life, serving his country in his slip on shoes and wanky uniform.

How many years have you put in?

Having had my eyes actually bleed at your offerings on this site, I know who I'd rather call an oxygen robbing ****.