RAF navigator found dead in field

Just come through on a BBC Newsflash that a Tornado Navigator who ejected from his plane has been found dead.

I know this is an Army related site but still my thoughts go to his family and everyone concerned. RIP

Link here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/norfolk/7095214.stm

Rem Merrick, a spokesman from RAF Marham, said: "It is with deep sadness that the MoD has learned that the BEA Systems navigator who was involved in Wednesday's incident has died. Our thoughts are with his family.

"The cause of the incident is under investigation and we will not speculate at this stage.

"The Tornado GR4 landed safely at RAF Marham, where it is based. No other aircraft were involved."

RIP. Condolences to his family.

The news at lunchtime said that he was ejected as the aircraft was inverted.

From the local news here in Norfolk the guy was a civilian contractor for BAE Systems assisiting on a test flight from RAF Marham. Although a civvie it's still a sad loss.

Napoleon_Bunnyparte said:
Just come through on a BBC Newsflash that a Tornado Navigator who ejected from his plane has been found dead.

I know this is an Army related site but still my thoughts go to his family and everyone concerned. RIP
Indeed. Terrible way to go.

RIP

TAcont said:
Looking at the information re ejecting you cant press the wrong button, you have to physically pull on a handle which is down between your legs.

However that said lets wait and see what the investigation reveals.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
TAcont said:
Your Oxygen thief tag does not reflect the true scale of what a complete cunt you are.

Kindly depart this site, and never return, you utter utter wanker.

He was more than likely ex RAF, and had served his country in uniform before taking a job with BAe systems.

He did his duty, and more.

Rest well.

Agreed.

The chaps on Pprune prob know him also.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
TAcont said:
Edited by Mod
You are posting in Current Affairs.

Unfortunately, an individual as limited as yourself cannot even grasp your current location - let alone where the spell checker is.

PTP - Suggest appropriate further attachments to the already worthy tag for this loon.

Kindly post your opinions on this in the NAAFI, and you will receive an appropriate response - which will also go against the one you are hoping for.

Sad, sad individual.