RAF Mount Pleasant Typhoons cut

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wm1965, Aug 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2 Typhoons is enough to take out Mirages, especially with the new Missile tracking capability of the typhoon pilots helmet.

Unless they launch a full invasion, the two typhoons would be enough to deter any reasonably small sized air attack.

2. Unless of course they happened to be U/S for servicing, or it's after 1500 hrs , or it's a weekend/Bank Holiday.

• Like Like x 10
  3. There are more, but 2 are kept fully armed and at immediate readiness.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Well I would imagine if there's only two typhoons there, they would be their own rapid reaction force and would be ready at all times. After tea obviously

5. Damn beat me too it. My previous post feels worthless.

6. Oh well, looks like more of the RAF's finest will be spending regular tours developing the Falklands limited gene pool.

7. I wonder if Argentina will try to invade the FI again

8. With what, have gander at Janes for an almost accurate inventory of air/naval power that is capable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Where sorry? Janes

10. Naughty, Naughty.

11. I think the Argentines are perfectly entitled to take back the South Pacific Falkland islands :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Of course. Anyone who suggests that the UK ought to have a slightly more substantial Navy, Army or Air Force is clearly a blithering idiot who should 'wake up and smell the coffee' and then 'get with the programme'. Two aircraft ready to fly are clearly more than enough to counter the entire armed forces of a nation of forty million people.

• Like Like x 1