RAF joins Manchester Gay Parade

#3
Let's be honest, though... who amongst us didn't have their suspicions about the RAF?
 
#4
Why?

Why would any service seek to participate in anything that is so obviously the polar opposite of service culture, officially or otherwise? And no, service culture should not change to suit the (a)morality in vogue at the time.

Fukcing RAF cnuts!
 
#6
Are the participants volunteers or have they been "dicked?" :twisted:

Seriously, if the RAF can now "parade with pride," what if the rest of us want to publicly express our views, on whatever subject?
 
#7
MrPVRd said:
Are the participants volunteers or have they been "dicked?" :twisted:

Seriously, if the RAF can now "parade with pride," what if the rest of us want to publicly express our views, on whatever subject?
How about a showing next time Trumpton stroll down the streets with their banners, or perhaps a few of us in uniform at the next "Don't attack Iraq" demo? or wouldn't that be appropriate? :roll:
 
#8
Perhaps it is the influence of the firefighters rubbing off...first it was calendars in the buff, now it is gay parades. Fresco has a lot to answer for! :twisted:
 
#9
woopert said:
Why?

Why would any service seek to participate in anything that is so obviously the polar opposite of service culture, officially or otherwise? And no, service culture should not change to suit the (a)morality in vogue at the time.

Fukcing RAF cnuts!
This will be the same service culture that offically frowns on relationships between people of differing ranks and adultery, but only if you get caught?

What consenting adults do in private should not be the business of any employer, even if that employer has its own criminal justice system.

Trotsky
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#10
woopert said:
......

And no, service culture should not change to suit the (a)morality in vogue at the time.

......

Bloody right Woopert ! The Forces have standards to keep, and this march is as much a political statement as any other demonstration. I was under
the impression that we were forbidden to take part in such public political displays.

If it is about individuals exercising their right to act as they please in private, shouldn't it be kept that way ?


Is it ok to quote myself ? Buggrit, I'll do it anyway.
From the Attitude of Crows thread on the Juniors forum.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/html/modules...start=15&sid=5f2d0f66aeacfc72dc7f9e693cd1c9f7

Cutaway said:
Why is rank so alien a concept ? Because it's not acceptable in modern society ? So maybe society has changed but should the army change with it ?

Perhaps 'society' needs to get a grip and stop bleating on about 'rights.' You can't have rights without duties. There's always a shedload of soapdodgers demonstrating about land rights for gay whales or similar. When was the last time Parliament Square was clogged with people demonstrating for their duty ?

The army is not, nor should not be a reflection of society. We're there for a reason, and that reason sometimes requires that we should close with another bunch of young men, stick bayonets into them and make them die a nasty screaming death. This is not funny regardless of which end of the rifle you're on. If this is a reflection of society then we've slid down to the bottom of a very shitty slope.

But I suppose my attitude confirms to ovine followers of The Glorious Leader that I am just an inexorable homophobic megalomaniac......which apart from anything else, I'm not.
 
#11
Cutaway said:
woopert said:
......

And no, service culture should not change to suit the (a)morality in vogue at the time.

......

Bloody right Woopert ! The Forces have standards to keep, and this march is as much a political statement as any other demonstration. I was under
the impression that we were forbidden to take part in such public political displays.

If it is about individuals exercising their right to act as they please in private, shouldn't it be kept that way ?


Is it ok to quote myself ? Buggrit, I'll do it anyway.
From the Attitude of Crows thread on the Juniors forum.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/html/modules...start=15&sid=5f2d0f66aeacfc72dc7f9e693cd1c9f7

Cutaway said:
Why is rank so alien a concept ? Because it's not acceptable in modern society ? So maybe society has changed but should the army change with it ?

Perhaps 'society' needs to get a grip and stop bleating on about 'rights.' You can't have rights without duties. There's always a shedload of soapdodgers demonstrating about land rights for gay whales or similar. When was the last time Parliament Square was clogged with people demonstrating for their duty ?

The army is not, nor should not be a reflection of society. We're there for a reason, and that reason sometimes requires that we should close with another bunch of young men, stick bayonets into them and make them die a nasty screaming death. This is not funny regardless of which end of the rifle you're on. If this is a reflection of society then we've slid down to the bottom of a very shitty slope.

But I suppose my attitude confirms to ovine followers of The Glorious Leader that I am just an inexorable homophobic megalomaniac......which apart from anything else, I'm not.
Bloody Right, whatever happened to a sense of Duty! You could find it everywhere at all levels, now you find certain individuals still perform whilst being ridiculed by the "liberal whale loving anarchists". :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm all for freedom of speech, even fought for it, but enough is enough...

Sorry must lie down, blood pressure up,

And another thing I look at my children and wonder what bloody world will they grow up in. How long before they have to "learn gay sex education" at school?


God I've got to go and calm down
 
#12
How embarrassing for the RAF and in particular the poor bastards who have to run the display.

There are homosexuals in the service, always have been, always will be, especially amongst certain classes where school buggery is the norm or right of passage.

It is a subject best kept stum about by those who practice it as it instinctively offends most heterosexuals.

This pandering to a group of sexual deviants who flout their sexuality in a provocative manner in public is pathetic.

If they are actively wishing to seek more air stewards they are on a winner, but I thought they had about two planes left.


Chris
 
#13
Cutaway said:
But I suppose my attitude confirms to ovine followers of The Glorious Leader that I am just an inexorable homophobic megalomaniac......which apart from anything else, I'm not.
No, it's why I am honoured and humbled to stand with people who like you see duty not right, and why even though I know that on a personal level there are things we may never agree on, policies I have to implement you may not like, traits you may not get on with, if I needed you or you needed me when the sh1t was flying no matter what the circumstance, or when we could be relied on for the sake of each other. That's why we have such fantastic institutions such as the ABF, British Legion, Regt Assoc's, and mates we would all walk through fire for in a way others just can't comprehend.
 
#14
This seems to be politically motivated from on high. I cannot imagine any of the AFCO people I know being involved with this sort of thing voluntarily.

Surely everyone should be treated with equality; gays who want to join should go to an AFCO, the same as everyone else. Why should one specific group be given special treatment? If New Labour are so keen to reflect society, will the Army be running an AFCO next to the Channel Tunnel to try to get illegal immigrants to join? Will the RN be handing out leaflets at the mosque?

Oh well, Mandelson Sqn, by the centre.......
 
#15
Maybe the honour guard is being provided by RAF Regiment in which case all becomes clear as I've always my my doubts about them. They all march up Bourneville Boulevard given half a chance :roll:
 

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#16
From MoD Oracle:

"Eight officers will staff a float at Manchester's Gay Pride extravaganza over the Bank Holiday weekend. The RAF says it is part of a recruitment drive to show how the armed forces welcome people from different backgrounds. "

8 officers!!!!!!!!!!! Well now, the line of command seems to be taking a different slant. :twisted: :lol:
 
#18
WhiteHorse said:
And another thing I look at my children and wonder what bloody world will they grow up in. How long before they have to "learn gay sex education" at school?
WhiteHorse, me old mucker, sorry to break this to ya, but your kids probably are being taught about "gay sex education". Seriously, you may want to take particular interest in what your kids are being taught at school, because it probably isn't what you think! it's why i'm so fecking depressed about coming back to Blighty :evil: :evil: :evil:
 
#19
I bet theres some bumming going on there this weekend..

On a lighter note, perhaps some "older types" come from under there rock and remember that this is the 21st century :wink:
 
#20
Exmarine said:
There are homosexuals in the service, always have been, always will be, especially amongst certain classes where school buggery is the norm or right of passage.
Oh, puh-lease.
 

Similar threads

Top