RAF introduces press-up tests for women

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by shaka, Jul 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This topic has been done to death on e-goat and pprune sites!
  2. But not on ARRSE... Are you afraid of those nasty soldiers laughing at you lot?

I never realised that females in the RAF didn't have to do them. It does seem a little strange that in an age of (almost) sexual equality that woment didn't need to do ANY press-ups.
  3. Once again the media have gone off half-cocked! They have had to press ups just not full the press up. Which is made very clear in the line 'Amended RAFFT female press up protocol to a full press up.' to be found in the revised guidelines for Oct 2007 http://www.raf.mod.uk/structure/raffitnesstest2007.cfm

So may I say to Daniel Boffey,if I can read it and get it right, why can't you?!!
  4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

5. 19 press ups or more for men. Thats a doddle
  6. If you look closely at the picture at

You will realise how idle,ignorant and "Very Mentally Impaired" our f*ckwit journalists are :twisted:
  7. Tory MP Patrick Mercer : "I am astonished that this excercise hasn't already been a staple of the fitness tests."

You and me both Pad!

Attached Files:

• wraf.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
  8. Yep might help if they used UK military in their pic.Lazy , ill-informed git!
  9. The RAFFT is a piece of piss, an average civvy could walk it. Army girls have to do proper press ups, whats the fuss? I know a few RAF photographers who'll be shitting themselves!
  10. Erm....it has.

Ever seen Crab females out on the town? Legs open 24/7