RAF in a hurry?

That's what you risk with such a high-powered "Uber-Jet" ... exceed the speed limit without even noticing the transition!!

Sound as though a "no coffee" interview is imminent!!

There is a suggestion over on Pprune, which appears to be supported by spotters who were listening to their airband radios at the time that the boom coincided with a Typhoon calling a mayday because the back-seater (so a T1 version) was turning blue because his oxygen supply had given up.

At which point the front seater called the mayday and lost a lot of altitude very, very quickly.

Archimedes said:
There is a suggestion over on Pprune, which appears to be supported by spotters who were listening to their airband radios at the time that the boom coincided with a Typhoon calling a mayday because the back-seater (so a T1 version) was turning blue because his oxygen supply had given up.
At which point the front seater called the mayday and lost a lot of altitude very, very quickly.
And thus went supersonic? 8O

Bring back the Javelin [aka Dragmaster]. From 31,000 at the recovery datum [14 miles base leg] straight into the instrument pattern at 1500 for a GCA. Airbrake, full flap, close throttles, nose down .... and certainly not supersonic.

I blame the RAF for buying these high-performance pointed things. :lol:

blue_sophist said:
Archimedes said:
And thus went supersonic? 8O

Bring back the Javelin [aka Dragmaster]. From 31,000 at the recovery datum [14 miles base leg] straight into the instrument pattern at 1500 for a GCA. Airbrake, full flap, close throttles, nose down .... and certainly not supersonic.

I blame the RAF for buying these high-performance pointed things. :lol:
Personally, I think it all went downhill when they binned the Mosquito...

blue_sophist said:
From 31,000 at the recovery datum [14 miles base leg] straight into the instrument pattern at 1500 for a GCA. Airbrake, full flap, close throttles, nose down .... and certainly not supersonic.
Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Sorry old man, don't understand your banter...

Cuddles said:
blue_sophist said:
From 31,000 at the recovery datum [14 miles base leg] straight into the instrument pattern at 1500 for a GCA. Airbrake, full flap, close throttles, nose down .... and certainly not supersonic.
Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Cabbage crates coming over the briney?...

Cuddles said:
blue_sophist said:

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9yj_BXRp0

Archimedes said:

Indeed.

Oooooo-aarrrrrr:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/01/jet-failure-caused-sonic-boom/

Well it woke the yokels up anyway.

Blogg said:
Archimedes said:

Indeed.

Oooooo-aarrrrrr:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/01/jet-failure-caused-sonic-boom/

Well it woke the yokels up anyway.
Only the Shropshire Star would have it as front page news complete with nice pictures of a Eurofighter encase people don't know what they look like, its the biggest thing thats happened in Shropshire for about a decade.

What a bunch of whining whingers we've become.

One of the many callers to BBC Radio Shropshire, Jackie Cassidy said: "It was really frightening."

She said she heard a bang, the windows shook and the door came ajar.

Mrs Cassidy, who works for Hatchers solicitors in Shrewsbury said: "I thought it was an earthquake or a gas explosion."
Fcuking hell I grew up in the 70s when there were sonic booms all the time from fast jets various. A loud bang and ooooh I was all scared. God almighty. :x

Nick’ said: “If it was a Eurofighter i think it was amazing. Shook the office windows made a really big bang.
Would like to thank the pilot for brightening up my Monday. Awsome.”

Now THERE'S a boy with the right attitude :D

I'd just like to request a repeat performance, preferably on a day with less cloud.

Or during the flower festival which is apparently very 'nice'. :roll: (And about as exciting as Shrewsbury gets, except when it floods.)

not having a sneaky race with a veyron then

Cuddles said:
blue_sophist said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[sorry I missed the lunchtime banter :wink: ]