RAF Hercules planes rescue 150 from Libya desert

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by scalieback, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - RAF Hercules planes rescue 150 from Libya desert
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Are hey breeding out there?
    Last week there were reported to be 350 Brits in Libya
    Today they claim to have lifted over 600 and they've gone back again

I assume Malta still has good weather and posh hotels
    How will the aircrew justify diverting to the Bahamas?
  3. There must be a 6 star hotel in Malta nowadays!
  4. Having spent time at Luqa I can safely say that your comment is pretty accurate as the Maltese treat British Forces to top notch treatment and for this lot it'll be not far of Royalty standards...
  5. I'm more puzzled by this brilliant piece of reporting.

"However, it is understood that some 300 British citizens remain in desert camps in Libya and a Royal Navy frigate is heading to Benghazi to help them leave".

Are they IN the desert or not ?
  6. ah, The Republic of Malta GC.

The George Cross Island, who stood against the Nazis shoulder to shoulder (if seperated geographically by a few miles) alongside teh British. With only Faith, Hope and Charity in their hearts.
  7. Too much information in the public domain. Politicians I suspect wanting good news bandied about. If further ops are required I suspect it may be that bit more difficult [or not, but why take any more risk than needed].
  8. In their skies...

This clown queered their hearts against UK but I think they are over that now!

9. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!

Faith, Hope and Charity.

One of my all time favourite aviation myths. :)

10. The Telegraph has now applied the Balcony Rule and decided that the credit belongs to 'them'.

11. I expect the evacuees will sue for compensation,having incurred terminal C-130 ear damage!!
  12. They'll probably want it for not recieving a choice of meals after having a slack handful of horrorbags thrown at them and no inflight entertainment.
  13. Knowing the Navy and their track record, they'll probably percieve the desert as an extension of the beach and run it aground 2500 miles inland ^^
  14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I wonder if anyone picked up THEM for their hair being too long and uniform not being ironed when they came out the herc?
  15. Just looked liked Maltese policemen!