• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RAF Haltern need some local intel

Have to go to RAF Haltern for a DIT course,anyone know what the area is like on the WAZZ need some entertainment whilst i get bored out of my small and perfectly developed tree.

In a word its pantaloons!!! But.....its a mile or so tab into Wendover...where you will find some real ale vendors of decent quality.....local chicks....didnt see any....you have to 'urinate in a public place' on the way back if you are to take advantage of the 2nd rate kebab van queue!!!

C

cloudbuster

I may be wide of the mark, but the only Haltern I know of is in Germany, is a large open area once used by troops for running about in, and gets parky in wintertime.

If your course is in the UK, I think it safe to assume it's RAF Halton.

Aylesbury is the local town, Yates,Chicago's and all the theme bar/pubs are in the town centre, nothing outstanding to recommend, The Grapes is pleasant and the women are agreable(from cinema,threw arch into town square, on your right).
There are a few old type pubs dotted around that are also ok, avoid the Falcon, and the other nasty little club at the top of the square (forgot its name)

ISTR that Halton was an RAF hospital, then a training camp for RAFP then , and it still may be, the basic training camp for airmen entrants

If you are on the DITz course, most evening sare spent prepareing lessons apart from Wednesday...

I was there on the DITz trainer course earlier on this year... the DITz students seemed ocupied most nights, however the DITz trainers had a slightly easier schedule.

Jennie

Staying up into the wee hours....on course....doing homework? Preparing lessons?.....when there is cider to be drunk down town?? You must be missing the point here!!! 1. Its only a pass or fail thing......2. You dont get extra pay if you pass!!!!

Have you not heard of the phrase 'off the cuff'?

Halton is our recruit training camp, along with a few other Trades (Supply, RAFP, Admin and a few others I think). Most of the instructor courses seem to be pretty busy most of the time with only a little drinking time possible. You'll find people in other services drink beer too you know - they might even be on your course.

Ive been pinged for it too, although have all but refused to go.

Waiting on the management withdrawing me from it. Theyre reassessing whether or not to send me. Schedule is full of much more important stuff to deal with at the mo.

:roll:

Rose and Crown in Wendover has cheap beer.

There is no need to stay up all night working on the lesson plans, I wouldnt work on it beyond 20.00, just choose something that you know and keep the lessons simple, you will be giving it to other members of your syndicate who will be all sorts of trades from all three services, may be some civvies as well. You can always prime them with some questions beforehand if you need to fill some time on your lesson.

If you are in the ranks you will be a block just opposite the naafi if you feel really desperate.
You will be kept well clear of the nigs as they are kept in separate part of the camp.

There is a good fish and chip place and a chineese on the way into wendover (out main gate turn left, on right hand side after half km) if you get bored go for a flight at the airfield 10mins walk away. aylesbury bit of a dive. airmens mess food not bad

Latest Threads