RAF Gunners join forces with US Marines in Helmand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ministry of Defence said:
Gunners from 51 Squadron RAF Regiment have just completed a key operation alongside the United States Marine Corps (USMC) to ensure the area around Camp Bastion in Helmand province is kept safe.

More...

A key operation eh? Although brewing up is essential for morale it's hardly a key operation.

Huzzah! Let the 'We can out gucci Kit you, oh no you can't, oh yes we can!' Olympics begin.

Oh no, not another one? The Crab Spin Machine coughs up another newsfart, sorry, non-newsfart: The RAF Regt do a perimeter patrol - whoopee-*******-do!

I think the title is arse about face. It should read "US Marines join forces with RAF Gunners in Helmand". And where's the picky of the 4.5 metre stare with a very angry look attached?

I bet the USMC picked up a few "tricks of the trade" from the 'Regiment.

I'm serving with some RAF Reg and I think they're rather nice chaps.

I think one is in the queen's flight, but hey, it's OK these days, I'm comfortable with that...

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
shouldn't this read 'raf regt concerned about nasties on the other side of the wire, USMC blows the shit out of everything and anything out of habit while they look on'

RAF Gunners join forces with USMC to ensure area around EFI is safe and secure!!!!

Fixed that for you!!!

The Short Range Desert Group strikes again!

S

Screw_The_Nut

All the phots in the article are of RAF Reg looking on, as USMC fly about in their helicopters...

Did they confirm that the barrier goes both up and down?

Status
Not open for further replies.