RAF Flt Lt Named Britain's "Manliest Man"

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
Fill your boots:

An RAF pilot and cancer survivor has been crowned Britain's Manliest Man ahead of 40 other finalists.

Flt Lt Alun Pepper from RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire beat more than 1,000 applicants to take the title.

He will now become an ambassador for male cancer charity Orchid for a year.

The 43-year-old, from Crewe, Cheshire, had a testicle removed after he was diagnosed in 2006, and said he wanted to raise awareness of the condition.

He won the competition with 23,000 public votes - almost twice as many as the runner up.

'No less of a man'
He said winning Britain's Manliest Man was "quite humbling and also a bit surreal". "I laughed at first, along with everyone I have told since," he said.

"It gives me a great platform to go round talking to people about testicular cancer and to prove that if you have the operation it doesn't make you any less of a man."

He said since starting his awareness campaign he had already received emails from girlfriends and wives who had persuaded their partners to see a doctor.

Other competition entrants included 20-year-old Nottingham Forest footballer Kieran Fenton, models, actors and a Colin Farrell look-a-like.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-30529703

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
A serious subject, something we blokes are poor at checking. Breast cancer and various other womens checks and things are well known. However blokes seem not to want to do anything about it.

Yep. Testicular cancer is just about the biggest killer of young men after accidents. Check your nuts regularly or Jarrod will be doing it for you.

Not only mono-bollocked but a crab, who are to the military what the Jets and the Sharks are to gang-violence.

I call shenannigans.

We'll, as a 'professional' in the art of the oldest hobby, I for one inspect my testicles and parts thereof regularly and am happy to report no such impurities currently exist in my zone.

Yet.

NEQcounter

War Hero
I told my missus that the best way for her to check my plumbs is to put them in her mouth and hum.

She hasn't done it yet.

So, to check yourself for cancerous lumps, you have to fondle a bag that is err..., essentially, lumps.

Shit. :frown:

Bowlander

Old-Salt
How come Lincolnshire claim him as being from there when he's actually from Cheshire?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Whether he is RAF or not is irrelevant - good on him I say.

What does hack me off with this story though is yet another "competition" or awards ceremony. Manliest Man? Give me strength. The country seems to exist in a permanent state of slapping each other on the back and saying "well done", accompanied by an audience of performing seals clapping and cheering. "Best Bum, Most Improved Seaside Resort, Best Tourist Attraction", the list is endless. I suppose it's an escape from reality of sorts, but it raises my BP.

I know I'm a miserable barsteward, no need to point it out!

Last edited:
Ages ago when having a fondle of my ball sack, I found what I thought was a lump. I was petrified!

Thankfully it was just swelling from an injury, but it was the longest few days ever waiting to see my GP!

Know your balls, check 'em out!

On the plus side he doesn't have to use the UHF transmitter to contact the control tower.

Yep. Testicular cancer is just about the biggest killer of young men after accidents. Check your nuts regularly or Jarrod will be doing it for you.

And your prostrate. I check minne all the time....

With a shampoo bottle

And your prostrate. I check minne all the time....

With a shampoo bottle
A top tip for continued gentleman's health there, @Pebbles015, although I would want to just add that it's advisable to ensure that said bottle doesn't have a pronounced shoulder to it or lack means of easy extraction - as my err friend will attest to the feeling of extreme embarrassment when attending A&E for its removal.

It's the one and only time he'll allow penetration by head and shoulders.....