RAF fighters scrambled in jet passenger alert

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scalieback, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RAF fighters scrambled in jet passenger alert

2. Would the CoC have had the nerve to tell the pilot to bring the Airliner down if they got seriously suspicious? I'm glad I wasn't on duty on that shift!

(Although I think the call would be staffed up the CoC so high that by the time the shoot/don't shoot came back it would have been too late anyway)

3. It certainly would by the time they've looked at the polling and focus groups and Mandelson had gotten around to calling cyclops back with an answer.

4. Mandelson calling 'Cyclops' for an answer: t'other way round methinks, until the inquest when Mandelson would absolve himself from all blame and responsibility and 'Cyclops' would not understand the question!

5. I'm sure we're all fcuking grateful you are not in any sort of CoC that would have to make a difficult decision. I can't imagine any decision you'd be trusted with after the ones you've made.

6. love the google ad appearing just now:
    [​IMG] :)

Most amusing how the two fighters were there to "assist" the aircraft! :)

7. A few well placed missiles are assistance of a kind.

8. I am surprised that the RAF could find two servicable armed Typhoons

9. I believe 'tough love' is the expression!

10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Just another raving U.S. lunatic tourist no doubt. I think the average member of the public would be a little surprised to see the U.S. has by far the highest proportion of crazies roaming around freely (other than us of course). Well, ones who get on planes and come here as tourists, anyway. Sad indictment on their failure of basic provision of healthcare for all? Probably, but we are not one's to laugh and point fingers.

11. Given your experience of air power is pre-historic, I'm surprised if you think the Typhoon you refer to is jet powered.

12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Good job it wasn't the weekend.

13. I am Hurt, and to think I just paid for my RIAT tickets

14. I saw a pair of high altitude Typhoons heading out rather rapidly NW out to the Irish Sea on Monday, I wonder if that was for this?

15. The RAF have been practising a technique for rescuing passengers from a terrorist-piloted aircraft:

[​IMG]