RAF feared cricket playing and 'masculine' women

Revealed: How RAF tried to 'cure' lesbian recruits... and ordered officers to be on lookout for women who enjoyed cricket

By Ian Drury
Last updated at 1:11 AM on 16th April 2011

* Comments (55)
* Add to My Stories

Secret files have revealed how the RAF forced suspected lesbians to have medical treatment to ‘cure’ their ‘perversion’.

Newly-declassified documents show commanders were told to be alert to airwomen who played cricket or hockey, or spent a lot of time writing letters or telephoning to female comrades – seen as possible signs of attraction to other women.

Officers in the Women’s Royal Air Force (WRAF) were also discouraged from recruiting females with ‘masculine characteristics’.

Yeah we noticed, the recruiting office sent them to join the WRACs

Nothing worse than a woman with a tash - and a big cock!

My old Pa has been out since 2000 and STILL has a penchant for Village People muzzies.....is he gay???

Strange that the RAF should obsess over other people's sexual leanings. And why pick on the ladies?

There's no such thing as a lesbian. Just chicks waiting out for Chuck Norris.

(Rehyansky) continued: “Shouldn’t the overwhelmingly straight warriors who answer their county’s call be spared the indignity of showering with other men who achieve lascivious enjoyment from the sight of those lithe naked bodies, and who may be tempted to seek more than the view?”
Sounds to me like he's spent waaaay to much time thinking about that scenario for a straight bloke.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 74
Good CO The Intelligence Cell 4
bullshit The Intelligence Cell 6