RAF feared cricket playing and 'masculine' women

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunoficarus, Apr 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They could have employed me. I'd have turned them.
  2. Revealed: How RAF tried to 'cure' lesbian recruits... and ordered officers to be on lookout for women who enjoyed cricket

By Ian Drury
    Last updated at 1:11 AM on 16th April 2011

* Comments (55)
    * Add to My Stories

Secret files have revealed how the RAF forced suspected lesbians to have medical treatment to ‘cure’ their ‘perversion’.

Newly-declassified documents show commanders were told to be alert to airwomen who played cricket or hockey, or spent a lot of time writing letters or telephoning to female comrades – seen as possible signs of attraction to other women.

Officers in the Women’s Royal Air Force (WRAF) were also discouraged from recruiting females with ‘masculine characteristics’.

Yeah we noticed, the recruiting office sent them to join the WRACs
  3. Nothing worse than a woman with a tash - and a big cock!
  4. Hockey-player legs, in hockey-player skirts...and the RAF turned them away?

All the more for the army, I suppose..?

Wishful thinking.
  5. My old Pa has been out since 2000 and STILL has a penchant for Village People muzzies.....is he gay???
  6. He definately prefers my brothers! He drinks rum and coke if that helps??
  7. Strange that the RAF should obsess over other people's sexual leanings. And why pick on the ladies?

There's no such thing as a lesbian. Just chicks waiting out for Chuck Norris.
  8. Sounds to me like he's spent waaaay to much time thinking about that scenario for a straight bloke.
  9. They want to cure them, not drive them to suicide
    • Like Like x 1