RAF education

skymacuk

Old-Salt
Anyone know why the RAF do not accept Level 2 numeracy in place of GCSE Maths ?

I'm currently serving and looking at transferring to the RAF, i was advised the only thing i was lacking was GCSE maths so i went to the education centre on camp and they got me to do Level 2 numeracy ( as the military say its the same thing )

so do the Government
https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qu...ication-levels

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ask the RAF?

Agony_Aunt

War Hero
Level 2 numeracy doesn't count :)

But why, though?

I remember being turned down for a job once (or twice) because I didn't have GCSE English, despite having a Masters' degree.
What's the reasoning behind judging someone according to what their academic ability might have been 10+ years ago?

But why, though?

I remember being turned down for a job once (or twice) because I didn't have GCSE English, despite having a Masters' degree.
What's the reasoning behind judging someone according to what their academic ability might have been 10+ years ago?
I thought that GCSE English was compulsory to get onto a university degree course. (It certainly was when I did mine.) How did you get onto a Masters without it? OU?

But why, though?

The best excuse they could come up with on the spur of the moment?

But why, though?

I had the same thing with my greecard application for the USA. You need to have finished high school, they said. Easy, said I, I have a degree.

Oh no, you need a certificate of school completion, or in your case your GCE\CSE certificates. Try finding them 30 years later.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh no, you need a certificate of school completion, or in your case your GCE\CSE certificates. Try finding them 30 years later.
I have all that kind of thing in my filing cabinet with all the other stuff. One drawer for personal admin, bills etc. One drawer contains all my train engine numbers and the last drawer aircraft registrations.

I had the same thing with my greecard application for the USA. You need to have finished high school, they said. Easy, said I, I have a degree.

They wouldn't accept my dolphin training qual either. Twats.

dolphin trainer.jpg

skymacuk

Old-Salt
Mate sounds like you could just sit the fkin exam and be done with it in 2 hours! JFDI?

unfortunately that is not the case, you need to do a course and can only do the exams at a certain time, then you need to wait a couple of months for the result.

which is why level 2 is the better option

Latest Threads