RAF- Eczema

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Jamie Lee Thompson, Oct 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello, serious advice please because i really need help.
    I applied for the army when i was 17 and got a 3 year deferral for borderline eczema, i've just decided to go for the RAF regiment and i know that you have to be clear of any symptoms for 2-3 years. But i have been to the doctors within those years for my eczema but purely because i am allergic to dogs!. i met my partner 2 and half years ago and i had absolutely no eczema but then i found out she has dogs and every time i've gone there i touch the dogs then itch then need to go doctors for steroid cream and it clears up within two days.
    but the point im getting down to is my eczema only occurs when i have physical contact with dogs, when i am not in contact with dogs i have no dry skin or nothing just normal. so would i be able to get away with telling them that the times i've been to the doctors is because of my allergies towards dogs? i've done weeks at army bases on my college course and had no problems with the face paint and environmental stuff like mud,cold, hot ect. i just don't want to be defeated by mild eczema which only occurs when i touch dogs and only takes two days to get rid with steroid cream when it does occur. i can also get a doctors note to say its not chronic and dog allergen prone.

Thank you peoples!

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Tim? You don't stalk me like you used to. Is it something I have said?

Back on topic - avoid the RAF Regiment since they tend to have big snarly dogs. You might consider the RN since they do not. They mostly have goldfish. Or you might consider service with the Post Office. Postman Pat and his Black & White Cat have not brought anybody out in a rash for ages.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

3. Some right Dogs at Croydon Sorting Office, allegedly!

4. Jamie you're in luck, unpleasant skin conditions are a prerequisite for joining the RAF.

5. Yeah i assumed they would have dogs within the RAF regiment But not ones i will any contact with...?

6. you're right you won't have contact with them.

7. Had you thought of The Royal Signals?

8. Nope, i just want to join the forces have done all my life.

9. Hahahahaha

• Like Like x 5
  10. Whats funny?

11. Wanna buy a dog?

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's an injoke, crablet!

13. Are you F**king kidding me!

I'd love too :)

14. He's ignored my in joke and started making his own up, cheeky twat.