RAF drones controlled from UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will they wear flight suits while twiddling their PS2 controllers?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 307

307 War Hero

Threaders, no more finishing work and stopping off down the strip for a quick game of Black Jack.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The most important question is will they get a bonus for a ten+ killstreak?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Or an xbox achievement?
  5. Why not PFI them. Pay per hour to control the drone and build up a score?
  6. Nah, just a huge booming voice over the headset proclaiming 'GODLIKE!'.
  7. Will they still get a gong for it?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ha! That is exactly what I thought to myself as I was driving in to work this morning when I heard it mentioned on Radio 4. Given the RAF propensity for dishing out the bling to all and sundry regardless of who they are or what they've done, I imagine the answer will be a resounding: Yes.
  9. The majority of the crabs are drones.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. From the RAF pov, it makes complete sense. Why would we send people out to live in tents when we can stay at home, do the job in a nice office, then home for tea and, yes, medals. Yum yum, bling bling. Got to have some shiny stuff to show off with down at the RAFA you know.
  11. Hope they aren't on O2.
  12. Virtual medals like the online gamers give themselves?
  13. if ground crew in norfolk can get them for sending people to libya then why not.

if we can orgainse some secure connections they could work from home which would reduce the risk posed by RTA's and head colds.
  14. Surely these 'Drones' no longer need to be operated by the RAF.

Its not like the operator is a pilot, the drone flies itself, the operator points it in a direction an intelligance bum or a soldier requests then I assume a ******* large contingent of neér do wells deliberate, call the politicians and the church and the media and then OK or veto a scapegoat pressing the fire button.

Its just not cricket.