RAF Career

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by Jackknife, Jul 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,

Im looking for some infomation regarding the RAF. Ive recently been looking at joining the RAF to reignite my career, i left the TA 2 year ago after 6 years service on my own grounds. Personal problems curtailed things for me and i was unable to commit my time to the unit i was with. Now 1 year on ive got my act toegther and ready to reignite a career and im not looking at the TA as an option this time. I am however intrested in the RAF.

I have done some small research about units in my area and their is one near the airport & im pretty sure its the only one in Northern Ireland (Aldergrove) Which is where im living. Ive looked at the possibilties of an RAF Regiment Officer however i currently do not have the 2 A Levels required, i do however meet all the other academic requirements, im quite prepared to do my 2 A levels to meet the requirements of RAF Regiment officer and im pretty certain thats the route i want to go down.

The problem i have at the minute is im unsure which area of the RAF to enter while i aquire my A Levels. Ive done online research and it appears "Gunner" is a viable option which also offers Regiment officer training if you show potential. Ive looked at the roles avaliable and my local unit and the roles of regiment officer & Gunner are not listed, im not sure how up to date the site list was so this is where my dilemia lies im not sure which way to go with this

Can anyone offer any advise/infomation please?

Thanks in advance

2. .
    Is this a friday afternoon joke?

3. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

4. I thought the thread title was "RAF Carer". They all need one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Some's a little crabby!

6. This is ostensibly (albeit loosely) a military forum so why are you asking about the RAF?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Surely that special lotion will have cleared that up by now?

8. There is no justice.

Firstly, I get accused of being a bird, then I get accused of being RAF?

I'm offended.

9. I'm guessing that as he left the TA two years ago after six years in, that he's at least 26 and so too old for most things in the Army (as an officer) - including infantry.

10. ronnie corbett?

11. Contact Viscount Chelsea... He is a very honourable gentleman and served in the RAF Regt.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The is no RAF reserve here in Northern Ireland,If the was I wouldv'e transferred to it years ago when I left the regular RAF for my reserve stint.RAF Aldergrove has all but closed down & the careers office is a joint one at Palace Barracks.
    Nice wah but no smarty!

13. 502 are recruiting now Spike and have their old Sqn Crest back.

RAF Reserves - 502 (Ulster)

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I stand corrected,thanks....Might have a look into that...(wonder if they need crusty old plumbers...)

EDIT;

Just off the phone to them,the Sqn's not up & running as yet so at present they're just taking names.