RAF CAP BADGE.

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by RedcoatGreenjacket, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oi, calling all you chaps in your flying machines etc, i saw in a surplus shoppe the other day, No2 peak caps with embroidered RAF insignia, they were not the Officers version, so have the old stay bright badges been replaced. They look shite by the way!
    Answers not on a postcard please.
    RCGJ

2. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

The old badges have been replaced for the last 3 years at least! :salut:

3. Replacement started in 1996 for all junior ranks on the Cap - there is only one cap. About the time they re-introduced the Shitehawks on the sleeves. Keep up.

4. It looks a bit better than the crappy staybrite thing which looked like a half chewed toffee

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I had a brass cap badge on my Beret given to me by Dad.
    Looked so much better!

6. Am i correct in thinking that the shoulder titles are Albatrosses ?
    RCGJ

7. I do believe so

8. Good show Bob, thanks i hate it when civs call them Eagles.
    Is it true that the Albatross was chosen because of it's long distance ability ?
    RCGJ

9. Yawn :yawnstretch:

This is an Army aviation thread, who gives a flying f*ck about some tossy crab badge?

10. Better yet, who gives a toss about the Army Air Corps? :eye:

11. Touché! Now run along and find your playmates in PPRuNe, there's a good crab.

12. Eagle or Albatross? its a skipping chicken

13. It is an Eagle. Reference is the Uniform Dress and Appearance Regulations AP1358, consulted in order to settle this very argument with my WO about 15 years ago. The last line of para 0203 on the link below refers:

AP1358

As for the brass beret badge, you can still use it because the embroidered badge only replaced the metal one on the No 1 Dress Cap. A brass badge is infinitely preferable to the nasty issue stabrite one, as long as it is polished to within an inch of its life. But then you tend to find that the people who want a brass badge are also the ones who will keep them in good order.

14. I can only back Fred Frog up by saying why have you come here to discuss your cap badges?

Have you been banned from PPrune for being tedious?

Fecking crabs!!

15. :yawnstretch: here you go this is the new crab head dress and shoulder flash.....now fcuk off this site you boring kn0b heads.

Attached Files: