RAF bomb disposal team 'makes safe' Yorkshire beach

Ministry of Defence said:
A team of RAF bomb disposal officers spent last week sweeping Mappleton Beach in Yorkshire 'making safe' devices which were uncovered by a dog walker.

More...

How does one make safe a bucket and spade?

S

Screw_The_Nut

I read "RAF bomb disposal team 'makes safe' Yorkshire", and thought it was an MODRSS piss take thread, but alas no! It is an actual thread. Would not surprise me if they claimed to make the whole of Yorkshire safe from explosives though...

The picture tells me the RAF Sgt clearly doesn't know his munitions.

Do they deal with dogs eggs in the same way in Yarkshire?

Seriously, though, why? If they are not training mortars as the caption says, how do you know the quote is from the Sgt and not just sloppy journalism?

Seriously, though, why? If they are not training mortars as the caption says, how do you know the quote is from the Sgt and not just sloppy journalism?
First point to note - we don't move blind munitions.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
[h=2]RAF bomb disposal team 'makes safe' Yorkshire[/h]
They have had a pop at Bradford of a Saturday night? Respect D00d. No really. R35pekt.

First point to note - we don't move blind munitions.
I only ask because I'm not in the bomb disposal game and I know you are! So, all the stuff he is quoted as saying is guff then? How embarrassing.

It's not what he's saying, it's what he's doing in the picture.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Laying them out in a line, instead of stacking? Or using pe4 to go between the lot of them, instead of det cord? Or having what seems to be a useless piece sticking out to the front of each one? Just guessing here.

RAF bomb disposal officer Sergeant Robbie Stewart prepares the practice mortars for controlled detonation on Mappleton Beach
We've had aircraft with specially strengthened floors and an open top?

You're right, they're not mortar bombs.

It's filled with Titanium Tetrachloride which on hydrolysis forms hydrogen chloride and further hydrochloric acid - something you might want to consider before demming it.