RAF base being haunted by dog

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But Fry, who is writing the script for the long-awaited remake,
Sorry..... What? Long awaited? By who? They should just **** off and find something that's never been done before for a movie. It's not as if WW2 had a shortage of amazing stories and events of derring-do.

The re-make is so PC that each Bomber Crew has an E&D officer, a wheel chair bound lesbian, a nice Muslim, a non-stabby Somalian, a gender fluid rear gunner and a token white person. On the bombing run they only drop 'inclusivity' leaflets.

The re-make is so PC that each Bomber Crew has an E&D officer, a wheel chair bound lesbian, a nice Muslim, a non-stabby Somalian, a gender fluid rear gunner and a token white person. On the bombing run they only drop 'inclusivity' leaflets.
Surely you could have a Muslim Bomb Aimer, a homosexual rear-gunner and a lesbian flight engineer.

Being PC doesn't mean you have to suck all the fun out of it.

Surely you could have a Muslim Bomb Aimer, a homosexual rear-gunner and a lesbian flight engineer.

Being PC doesn't mean you have to suck all the fun out of it.
The aircraft could also be water bombers flying to Germany to help douse a house fire in Dresden and save the immigrant orphans who live there.

ugly

LE
Surely if Gibson himself is played by a Gentleman actor of colour, Idris Elba perhaps then the dog can be called N***er?

The aircraft could also be water bombers flying to Germany to help douse a house fire in Dresden and save the immigrant orphans who live there.
That's the spirit! Instead of 88mm AA guns shooting big holes in the wings, they could have ground based flower cannons to welcome the brave crews by shooting massive Hawaiian style garlands round the wings.

They should rename the dog with a completely unrelated name, it will shut up the permoffended and wont change the real history behind the mission.

They should call the dog Serena.
What could go wrong there?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sorry..... What? Long awaited? By who? They should just **** off and find something that's never been done before for a movie. It's not as if WW2 had a shortage of amazing stories and events of derring-do.
The original was on recently. I watched it. I found it on my old Sky+ box. I watched it. Canal+ have digitally remastered every frame of the original for the 75th anniversary. I'll watch that before I watch a modern rewrite of history. And it'll still give me a lump when Gibson tells Wallis he has (56) letters to write at the end.

We don't need no stinking remake.

To allude to the Navy Lark, when the flak starts flying, he'll probably be on the WT.
Very true.
Re. the remake, I am concerned that Fry appears to be an opponent of things military and also to lack a technical knowledge (the development of the weapon is an area which the first film put across very well, and created a real sense of excitement around - quite an achievement).
They should stop at the first film. And the beer advert.

They should rename the dog with a completely unrelated name, it will shut up the permoffended and wont change the real history behind the mission.
Why not Jeremy? Then we can all cheer when he gets run over.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
the development of the weapon is an area which the first film put across very well, and created a real sense of excitement around
Indeed. Around the 50th anniversary there was a lot of new stuff published. I was a weekly commuter and my library got hammered. One work posited that Wallis had spotted the potential of destroying dams as war winning as far back as the end of the First Unpleasantness but it was a pipedream for 20 years because there was absolutely no means of delivery.

The film compresses a lot of time prior to the raising of 617, and seamlessly.

Why not Jeremy? Then we can all cheer when he gets run over.
Trouble is, it's also the code word for a successful breach of one of the dams (can't recall which) and there will be howls from ze left about his name being used in connection with what they'll describe as a war crime.

Or summink.

Not according to Stephen Fry

The Dambusters dog N****r will be renamed Digger for a modern remake of the iconic film to avoid offending American viewers, it has emerged.

Script writer Stephen Fry, 53, has confirmed that pilot Guy Gibson's faithful black Labrador will be renamed for the forthcoming Peter Jackson movie.

In the original 1955 film Gibson's dog's name was spoken 12 times as a code word to report successful dam breaches to RAF Bomber Command.

But Fry, who is writing the script for the long-awaited remake, has revealed he will now be renamed Digger to avoid offending American viewers.

He said: 'There is no question in America that you could ever have a dog called the N-word.

'In the film, you're constantly hearing 'n-word, n-word, n-word, hurray' and Barnes Wallis is punching the air.

'But obviously that's not going to happen now. So Digger seems okay, I reckon.'

Read more: Dambusters dog to be renamed Digger for remake of iconic film | Mail Online

It's not going to better the original featuring proper Lancasters and crew and a real Army dog called n***er.

This picture?
Cunning plan, first arrser to see the film tips everyone off as to when the N word is "not" used and we all shout it out at the correct moment in time when we go, cannot see what the point of pandering to the yanks is, they will not watch it as they are not winning the war single handed in it