RAF BANNED FROM WEARING UNIFORMS AFETR ABUSE

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sparky6373, Mar 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That should cheer Margaret Hodge up.

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

They wear uniform???

3. Giving the rest of us a bad name, should those civvies in uniform, the RAF, be allowed to wear uniforms at all?

4. If they were RAF movers then the abuse would be from soldiers whose R&R was screwed up by RAF plans constantly suffering from "technical problems" in the likes of Singapore, Naples and Dubai. I have never heard of an RAF plane going u/s in the Falkland! :wink:

5. Apparently they don't where it very often anyway

Sqn Leader Walsh said: "We have tried to encourage it more since the ending of the terrorist campaign, and want the local population to see us in our uniforms, as many people don't know what they look like."

6. Just had a look at the picture; I thought I was shouting at some freaky Thunderbirds reenactors.

All my fault!

7. What i don't understand is why didn't these grizzled Afghan war vets tell em to fcuk off.

8. Could it be because they look like shiiite and are embarrassed?

Does Peterborough have a large "religion of peace" population? Or is there an Army camp nearby? Either would give a suitable explanation to abuse of RAF personnel.

9. Sorry dog face i don't actually think we need an excuse

10. Yes a fucking huge one its not called peterbourghistan for nowt I now am going to go through peterbourghistan in uniform at every possible oportunity and hope someone has a go then i am going to explain the error of there ways whilst they float face first in the nene and blame it on the voices

11. There is at least on big feck off "religion of peace worship centre" in Peterborough. Its a great big ghastly green thing. You have to remind yourself your actually in Britain when you are there sometimes.

12. So civvies abuse RAF personnel and the RAF Police reaction is to advise a ban on the wearing of uniform in public?!
    Talk about the tail wagging the dog!
    The RAF police need to be out in force patrolling the streets as a strong and visible presence backing up and protecting their people, not advising that they cowardly hide their service as though in shame.
    Civilian police need to be alerted to the increase in abuse and pressure should be put to bear on them to take action against anyone who abuses or harrasses a serviceman or woman in uniform in any way.
    I do hope the army won't follow suit.
    What is required here is some basic courage and a bit of back up.

13. Or maybe they could do it the old Par way and later tonight get in a roving gang and beat the shite out of every abuse shouting Chav.

14. there is actually 2 when you pass the big green one going north on the dual carrige way before you get to toys-r-us if you look right you see another feck off big one belonging to the other team of non bacon sarnie eating ones