RAF allowing better hairstyles.

Seems the RAF are changing the hair cut standards, how you would know the difference is beyond me..I take it man buns for Pilots will still be considered de rigeur

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sexist rule as it only applies to women. it's an outrage in this The Year of the Beleaguered Badger

Sexist rule as it only applies to women. it's an outrage in this The Year of the Beleaguered Badger

And the vertically challenged ursine! 'In 2019, the RAF allowed bears, but they must be short and neatly trimmed.'

Makes sense, if dreadlocks are allowed then no reason why non Rastafarians can't have a painful nasty accident as well.

Seems the RAF are changing the hair cut standards, how you would know the difference is beyond me..I take it man buns for Pilots will still be considered de rigeur

And there have been bearded, male RSIGS cutting around this loc for at least a year with cornrows.

Unfortunately the blue jobs are way past caricature, what with " Space command" and the aforementioned man buns, beards, and now the WRAF , at least i hope its the split arse contingent that is now being allowed all these different hair styles, it doesn't bare thinking about if its also the blokes. Do the new Regs cover the rock apes as well, that should look good on parade ......... " Hats of..2...3... That man, those plaits are incorrectly woven, and you laddie that's a not a regulation colour ribbon on your pony tail, and WTF is this airman Biggles? ............

And so it goes on, i await the day when the dress code is abandoned totally, and crab air rock up for morning parade, in jeans, T-Shirt, hair in curlers, fluffy slippers, and dressing gown,........ and that's only the men......... :salut:

Take the piss, me, never, no way, perish the thought, wont happen, god forbid.............;)

Last edited:

mad_collie

War Hero
Just another PR bit for recruiting.

Join the RAF young lady & you can still look feminine - Join the Army and the Mummy in the barrack block will have you shaving a nice neat short back and sides within 6 months.

And the vertically challenged ursine! 'In 2019, the RAF allowed bears, but they must be short and neatly trimmed.'

"Come on Pooh you idle little bear" shouted PTI Piglet "Put some effort into it!"

pooh gate.jpg

LAC Pooh has no trouble with the "5 Miler of Death" but struggles a bit on the Assault Course.

Makes sense, if dreadlocks are allowed then no reason why non Rastafarians can't have a painful nasty accident as well.

It would make sense if it applied to everyone, rather than just females/religious minorities.

Unfortunately the blue jobs are way past caricature, what with " Space command" and the aforementioned man buns, beards, and now the WRAF , at least i hope its the split arse contingent that is now being allowed all these different hair styles, it doesn't bare thinking about if its also the blokes. Do the new Regs cover the rock apes as well, that should look good on parade ......... " Hats of..2...3... That man, those plaits are incorrectly woven, and you laddie that's a not a regulation colour ribbon on your pony tail, and WTF is this airman Biggles? ............

And so it goes on, i await the day when the dress code is abandoned totally, and crab air rock up for morning parade, in jeans, T-Shirt, hair in curlers, fluffy slippers, and dressing gown, and that's only the men......... :salut:

Take the piss, me, never, no way, perish the thought, wont happen, god forbid.............;)

Maybe that will be the day when the military will concentrate on someone's ability to do their job rather than worry about how they look.

Maybe that will be the day when the military will concentrate on someone's ability to do their job rather than worry about how they look.
If you hold your breath that long you’ll do yourself a mischief.

It’s not just the Crabs….

Until one of them gets into a "bit of a pickle" because of their hair and we'll see their compo faces in the Daily Mail.

And like the wankfest it's become they'll get there payout as well.

Until one of them gets into a "bit of a pickle" because of their hair and we'll see their compo faces in the Daily Mail.

And like the wankfest it's become they'll get there payout as well.

They will still need to tie it up/put it in a bun for certain H&S reasons all other times there is no more of a reason that they "get into a pickle" any more than a civvie with long hair would.

As part of my reserves weekend a few months back I spent a day next to a RAF SAC - she was a person of colour and had her hair up in what are corn-rows/dreadlocks.

For some strange reason it did not appear to affect her ability to do her job in any way whatsoever - she also looked fairly smart and you could barely tell anything about her hairstyle when she had her beret on.

(My bold - if anyone could tell me how such a hairstyle could affect her abilities as a tradesperson or member of HM Forces I am happy to be educated).

Latest Threads