Reference Image RAF aircraft refuellers

Hi octane fuel evaporates rapidly, but I can imagine bumping around a dusty airfield, dust would have got in through the gaps in the doors.
The fuel still leaves a slight oily residue, during refueling a bunch of aircraft in a hurry, I'd guess those doors would be chained open. Round thing in the middle, fly wheel? That would have thrown shit over everything.

Hi octane fuel evaporates rapidly, but I can imagine bumping around a dusty airfield, dust would have got in through the gaps in the doors.
The fuel still leaves a slight oily residue, during refueling a bunch of aircraft in a hurry, I'd guess those doors would be chained open. Round thing in the middle, fly wheel? That would have thrown shit over everything.
yes, you're speaking my language, I was looking forward to making the Bedford QL, but daz's images at the start of this thread leads me toward the Matador Refueller first. Looking forward to getting on with it, but you know, my 1/1 scale kitchen refit has to come first. But when that's done, the Brownie points will mean lots on model making time.