RAF Action Man

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8034925.stm

He is a real-life action hero who has helped rescue people from some of the UK's most treacherous mountains.
But Sgt Ed Griffiths says being the inspiration for an Action Man-style figure rates as one of the best experiences of his career.
The Navy has a Royal Marine Commando, a Royal Navy diver and a Commando with canoe. The Army has an infantryman, a mortar man and fully armoured infantryman, and the RAF has a Falcons parachutist, a fast jet pilot, and a winchman.

Rawr said:

He is a real-life action hero who has helped rescue people from some of the UK's most treacherous mountains.
But Sgt Ed Griffiths says being the inspiration for an Action Man-style figure rates as one of the best experiences of his career.
The Navy has a Royal Marine Commando, a Royal Navy diver and a Commando with canoe. The Army has an infantryman, a mortar man and fully armoured infantryman, and the RAF has a Falcons parachutist, a fast jet pilot, and a winchman.
All we need to do now is get a Barbie doll, inflate it a tad and then we have the RLC girls as well :lol:

I saw these things in argos, If a cut of the money went to H4H then it would be a decent thing, im not sure it does though, just lines the fat cats at mattels pockets

mattrlc said:
I saw these things in argos, If a cut of the money went to H4H then it would be a decent thing, im not sure it does though, just lines the fat cats at mattels pockets
Yea saw them to I think some of the proceeds go to an Armed forces charity I remember seeing a logo on the side. Can't remember which

saintstone said:
Rawr said:

All we need to do now is get a Barbie doll, inflate it a tad and then we have the RLC girls as well :lol:
A tad.......... a f ucking tad 8O Inflate to the max :D :D

right-grumpy said:
saintstone said:
Rawr said:

A tad.......... a f ucking tad 8O Inflate to the max :D :D

I bought the Royal Marine (with the canoe) last week in Argos for my mates sons 3rd birthday.
He's already named him Sergeant "something or other" (I can't remember).
Not as good as the original Action Man IMO.

Miner said:
I bought the Royal Marine (with the canoe) last week in Argos for my mates sons 3rd birthday.
Of course it was for your umm errr son

Admit it is yours

easesprings said:
Miner said:
Of course it was for your umm errr son

Admit it is yours
It's not mine honest!
His green camouflage stood out too much on our carpet.
I'm gonna get the Army Mortar Man in Desert camo instead. :wink:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How about these RLC lovelies?

Attachments

The Royal Marine doll should come equipped with iPod and burqa.

DT item which I am too mong to embed says developed by MOD. So, why did they not negotiate a cut from the profits to go to, say H4H? If the makers paid for a licence, will any of that go to Forces charities or into new desks and armchairs for Hooray Henries?

the charity if any i think it donates to is the ABF in current climate i think that an offering to H4H would be a nice gesture

There is an RAF Regiment "action figure"... They aren't selling it though because it's slipping one to Barbie... It comes with curtains too so he can clean up. :D