RAF 100 years old, well done and beers all round.

RAF Birthday Flypast, 10 July
East London and then over the Mall and Buckingham Palace
RAF Exhibition on Horseguards 6 - 9 July
Apologies for quoting my own post.
There was an unscheduled display of military aircraft in Guildhall Yard, London. Sadly, it was only on for three days and finishes at 1 pm today (Sunday 22 April).
However, the RAF's 100th Anniversary celebrations includes displays at the following venues:

RAF100 Aircraft Tour

SE5a

IMG_1417.jpg

Camel:

IMG_1418.jpg

Hurricane:

IMG_1419.jpg

Spitfire:

IMG_1420.jpg

A modern Typhoon was also exhibited but there were too many people milling around to get a decent pic.

There was an unscheduled display of military aircraft in Guildhall Yard, London. Sadly, it was only on for three days and finishes at 1 pm today (Sunday 22 April).
However, the RAF's 100th Anniversary celebrations includes displays at the following venues:

RAF100 Aircraft Tour

SE5a

View attachment 331828

Camel:

View attachment 331829

Hurricane:

View attachment 331830

Spitfire:

View attachment 331831

A modern Typhoon was also exhibited but there were too many people milling around to get a decent pic.
Is that the current front line strength of the RAF on display?

Slight tangent, but up till watching the London Marathon today, I was totally unaware of this bloke. He gets no mention within the RAF, at all.

Where are they now? STEVE JONES - Athletics Weekly

“An animal” - Training of Famous Runners, Steve Jones - Runner's Tribe

To be fair, his hour of glory was 25-30 yrs ago, but he's still the UK record holder for running a marathon, at 2:07:13. Well, till Mo Farah gets off the blocks today.

RAF100 Aircraft Tour

SE5a

View attachment 331828

Camel:

View attachment 331829

Hurricane:

View attachment 331830

Spitfire:

View attachment 331831

Intesting anotation on the SE5a

Attachments