Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Jip Travolta, Apr 3, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Gotta be honest, if someone threw a 349 at me I wouldn't have the first clue. :(

Competency in the use of radios is live-saving knowledge, surely?

Discuss! ;D
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmmm.   Life-saving:  maybe, but then again so is so much else that is not covered by ITDs.

I think ITDs should be reduced to the absolute essentials - shooting, fitness, and navigation.

Everything else can be covered in 'normal' training.  ITDs are taking on a life of their own, and to be honest we used to live without them OK.
  3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Who uses PRC 349/351/352 now anyway? Mobile phones are the comms kit of choice with my lot.
  4. Fair one, but many units don't have the personnel, equipment or resources to train themselves - mine certainly doesn't.  I'm talking dispersed Corps personnel here....Regiments/Batallions are pretty much squared-away for that kind of thing. :)
  5. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

In the Sigs and in 13 years still never had to use a radio!!!
  6. How about getting radios that work first?

7. Try C42's !! and then orders passed by mouth? radical I know "send 3 and fourpence were going to a dance"  I think was the quote instead of "send reinforcements were going to advance" maybe we are just going too advanced in technology when it comes down to talking to each other in military terms, but what do I know.