Radiohead: Harry Patch (In Memory Of)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CCF_CI, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have tried listening to this, Linky To The BBC but I am afraid it is totally not my type of thing.

Still, it is nice to see the "Yoof" of today showing respect in their own way. Even better, it is nice to see that all profits go the RBL, well done lads (both the band and those who risked all for us to be free today).

2. Nice idea.....shame the song's gash.
  3. At least they didn't parody any Kipling in a "cock-er-knee walk about" style.

They went for the repetitive dirge with waily voice in a "bet you can't listen to more than a minute of it without wanting to hurt someone" style.
  4. Tom Yorke is 40 8O
  5. I was at school with them & Thom Yorke was a knob then too...
  6. :D
    Compared to Harry he was a kid
  7. Agree with everyone else - the song is not at all good: introspective, waily, tortured-soul, no-one understands my pain nonsense.

Can't fault the sentiment though - wonder what Mr Patch would have made of it.
  8. probably something along the lines of "speak up m'luv, my hearing's not what it used to be"

9. So just like the rest of their back catalogue, then?

Still, credit to them - there are millions of Radiohead fans about the world, it'll sell and the RBL should derive considerable benefit from it.