Radiographer or CMT?

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by Ventress, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I think this is a Wah.
  2. I think I agree with you.
  3. It wasnt supposed to be! I guess i just walked in to that one . . . .

4. WTAA : what takes you to radiography as a possible career?
  5. WTAA, if you have to ask then its CMT for you!
  6. Yes you did :roll:

On a more serious note there is a world of difference between your 2 choices.

What quals have you got and have you looked at all trades in the RAMC and if so, why choose those 2 :?
  7. One is a radiographer with what passes for a career in the RAMC these days and the other one is allowed to put up tents for the Grey Mafia.
  8. I would'nt bother with either - as a CMT you'll just get treated like a sencond class citizen - even if you do get any rank - and the other - you'll get attached to field hospitals and get treated like a second class citizen!!!
  9. There you go; do nursing and if you are not a complete munter you have a vague chance of marrying one of the 3 doctors still in the AMS and retiring to a nice village somewhere to grow corns and a big bum.
  10. Must only be 2 left - I'm a doctor in the AMS, and I'm married already.

11. I must say - Marrying a doctor sounds like a plan. I dont think i am a munter, who knows! Apologies for the essay - once i go in to one, i really go off!

Basically i have worked in a Radiography department before, although it was tough and you had never ending non ill people, i really enjoyed it. I basically want to take this up a level. Its a bit of a random reason, but thats just me. i guess i cant explain why! I went for the CMT vote because when i grow up (i have no idea when this will happen, i am 22 now!) i want to eventually train to become a paramedic. In civvie street this is a mighty hard job to get in to, for a start you are looking at fees, accomodation in London etc. Working where i do, i have daily contact with the military, and i do know it wont be the life of luxury, i guess i just want to go for it!

I havent really looked in to any of the others beacuse this is the route i want to take, i have a National Diploma in Applied Science and varying GCSE grades.

PS - I am kinda half way there for the village and the Corns!
  12. but arent you TA?
  13. Single doctor . . . ?