Radiographer or CMT?

Ventress

LE
Whats_this_all_aboot said:
I am looking to join up, i am a civvie right now, but feel i want to give something back to the people fighting for us. Sounds really gooey, but its the way i feel! i would just like to know how long the average recruiting process takes? i am looking to go in and train as either a Radiographer or a Combat Med Tech, does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!!
I think this is a Wah.

I think I agree with you.

WTAA : what takes you to radiography as a possible career?

WTAA, if you have to ask then its CMT for you!

Whats_this_all_aboot said:
It wasnt supposed to be! I guess i just walked in to that one . . . .

WTAA
Yes you did :roll:

On a more serious note there is a world of difference between your 2 choices.

What quals have you got and have you looked at all trades in the RAMC and if so, why choose those 2 :?

One is a radiographer with what passes for a career in the RAMC these days and the other one is allowed to put up tents for the Grey Mafia.

I would'nt bother with either - as a CMT you'll just get treated like a sencond class citizen - even if you do get any rank - and the other - you'll get attached to field hospitals and get treated like a second class citizen!!!

There you go; do nursing and if you are not a complete munter you have a vague chance of marrying one of the 3 doctors still in the AMS and retiring to a nice village somewhere to grow corns and a big bum.

Furryturd said:
There you go; do nursing and if you are not a complete munter you have a vague chance of marrying one of the 3 doctors still in the AMS and retiring to a nice village somewhere to grow corns and a big bum.
Must only be 2 left - I'm a doctor in the AMS, and I'm married already.

:p

FF.

I must say - Marrying a doctor sounds like a plan. I dont think i am a munter, who knows! Apologies for the essay - once i go in to one, i really go off!

Basically i have worked in a Radiography department before, although it was tough and you had never ending non ill people, i really enjoyed it. I basically want to take this up a level. Its a bit of a random reason, but thats just me. i guess i cant explain why! I went for the CMT vote because when i grow up (i have no idea when this will happen, i am 22 now!) i want to eventually train to become a paramedic. In civvie street this is a mighty hard job to get in to, for a start you are looking at fees, accomodation in London etc. Working where i do, i have daily contact with the military, and i do know it wont be the life of luxury, i guess i just want to go for it!

I havent really looked in to any of the others beacuse this is the route i want to take, i have a National Diploma in Applied Science and varying GCSE grades.

PS - I am kinda half way there for the village and the Corns!

Friendly_Fire said:
Must only be 2 left - I'm a doctor in the AMS
but arent you TA?

I'm one ... :)

Latest Threads