Radio2s "money cant buy auction" for children in need....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by datumhead, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Whilst being a needy cause does anyone else think that it should be moved from November? Shurly the focus should be on the poppy appeal during this month and this detracts from it.

The amounts raised for this are staggering...£250,000 for Aled Jones & Katie Melua to sing for you. £100,000 for a 2 day pass for the British grand prix.

Today (Thurs) they are auctioning the following....

A Whole Lotta Love for the legendary Led Zep!

You and a partner could be at the music event of a lifetime – these are not just the hottest tickets in town, they’re the hottest tickets on the planet!

Led Zeppelin play the O2 Arena in London on Monday 10th of December and you could be there.

Joining Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones on stage will be Jason Bonham, son of Led Zeppelin’s late drummer John Bonham.

This one-off gig will be a celebration of the life and work of Ahmet Ertegun, the founder of Atlantic Records.

The supporting acts for this very special concert are…

Pete Townshend
    Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings
    Paolo Nutini

And it just gets better because you’ll also get to watch the band in rehearsals the day before. So, you’ll get to see them play before anyone else!

Plus, you’ll take home a special signed momento from the band.

How much will this go for.........£100...200...300,000?

Why can't service charity's get this kind of exposure and these kinds of "prizes" for auction?

I may be rambling but it bothers me. :oops:

(just realised this is in the naafi and not in "the intelligence cell"...sorry)
  2. Well bugger me! £80,000.

Not so many fans out there then?

maybe 20,000,000 bids for tickets were "created" by "fans" to raise their profile.

Still should be moved tho'
  3. I would pay £250,000 for Katie Melua to do many things for me, but singing isn't one of them!

A couple of years ago some chap paid £20,000 pounds to spend a week on Ascension Island - I bet he regrets that!
  4. Filth, filth, fil.....oh I see your point.
  5. I think Id rather pay 250k to shoot that pair rather than hear them sing
  6. I'd cheerfully shoot Melua, in the face with my one shot custard cannon.
  7. or my pump action mott gun