Radio Traffic?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some recordings of cold war era radio traffic? At one point I'd had it saved from youtube but a hard drive crash ensures that I've lost all of that. Any trainspotters here that can help?

If it's any help, I can remember the words.

Chatter? I recall endless days of imposed radio silence.

Hello 21, this is 21A over.
Hello 21, this is 21A over.
Hello 21, this is 21A, radio check, over.
Hello 21, this is 21A, radio check, over.
21A, nothing heard, out to you. Hello 21B, this is 21A, radio check over.
Hello 21B, this is 21A, radio check, over.

Hello 21A, this is 0, we're on radio silence. Out.

D

Davetheclown

H 0 t/i c/s F21A K
H 0 T/I C/S F21A K
0 K
F21A MESSAGE K
0 SEND K
F21A MY LANDROVER IS ON FIRE, PLEASE ADVISE K
0 ERRRR GET OUT OF IT YOU MONG K
F21A R-.-

CQ de 0A INT QRK K

or

Пайка 40, Пайка 40 это Таблица 51 Как слышите меня

'Neat, Bravo nine zulu two-five, Charlie four four plus eight Tiger Fast two-five'
'roger two five, parrot sweet, strangle two'

CQ de 0A INT QRK K

or

Пайка 40, Пайка 40 это Таблица 51 Как слышите меня
ACAB de 0A ZBM2 K

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
If I had ever known that the indecipherable Russian chatter, filling my headset, when I was trying to pass my RRU cadre, was ever going to be a) valuable or b) of historical interest. I would have recorded it, unfortunately I didn't and so haven't, but at least one of the Russian radio operators was female and sounded sexy (my imagination may have been running away with me on a cold wet German training area).

There are probably boxloads of tapes in my Mum's attic of all shades of HF net from about '83 to '87.

"Sunray has rolled his landrover over on the Hannover flyover, over".

"I'm a happy bear.....are there any other happy bears out there?"

"Unknown call sign, this *sigs nco's callsign*, get off the net otherwise you'll be on a charge!"

"He's not a happy bear is he?"

D

Davetheclown

"theres a huge black bloke dancing on my car sarge"

"Constable remember your PC training think it through and send message again"

"Zulu Tango Sierra over"

D

Davetheclown

"brrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrr brrrrrr"

"This is zero whoever is making motorbike noises STOP!"

"scrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechhhh"

"quack quack"..... "quack quack"..... "quack quack" "Hello unknown callsign, this is 0, identify yourself" "quack quack I'm a rubber duck"

"ooow-eeee-oooh"

"Hello 0 this is <c/s> we need a ration resupply" "C/S, why, you just had a replen?" "Er 0 we were given one ten man rat pack to last two blokes five days... do you fancy the same menu every day for 5 days?" "This is Pronto, get of the air"

The worst dribble I head though was off-net, on AFN. Spoken in a flat monotone; "The history of US Army service equipment, Part 4: The duffel bag. The duffel bag originated from the town of 'Doo-fell' in Belgium" before a frequency change to the BBC World Service.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 6
msr The Intelligence Cell 2
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 0