Radio Operator phase 2 training at Blandford

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by poplarcons, Mar 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Anyone know when the next training starts at Blanford for the Radio Op?
    Many thanks

2. Erm , are you in the process of "joining up" IF so I'd ask at the careers office

3. No, my son passes out tomorrow at Lichfield and starts at Blandford on Monday but as yet they don't know when the next course starts.

4. they are quire regular... 24 a year i think... u could be sat in "kohima troop" for a while just waiting... but thats good fun. known to its inhabitants as "coma troop" builds character

5. I was recently chatting to a couple of inhabitants of the glorious 11th Signal Battalion and I was rather concerned at the level of NCOs to trainees in Kohima Troop. With all the flak about Deepcut, I assume that the Corps has put in a few more good NCOs to look after the little darlings. Mind you, as a Corps of outstanding literati, glitterati and technorati, perhaps we are leaps and bounds above organisations like the Really Large Corps. I have to say that the soldiers arriving into my troop now from Blandford are a good bunch, so they're clearly doing something right.

6. The training at blandford is well below standard. not only are the turning out robots from the factory but they have the cheek to turn them from soldiers to robots and then not teach them trade skills properly. also should it be left for the class 1 technicians who are there on a year long course to have to babysit the sprogs there. blandford is a joke and the corporals there should be ashamed to work under such a poor commanding officer. i would advise no one to join the so called royal corps. its turning to rat shit and the sooner the hierachy at blandford changes the better.

7. you have obviouslt had the few good ones that come out of there, we have to constantly re-educate the little darlings as they dont seem to have any discipline or understanding of the true life in the army because they beleive that the field army runs the same way as the holiday camp that is called blandford. You can catch a good dose at blandford though.

8. This comment is completely off topic and irrelevant. The original question, which, if you had bothered to read it, was from an interested parent, was valid and should have been answered with a bit more professionalism. How do you think your unjustified and disloyal remarks are going to come across?

Please explain this statement - "turning out robots from the factory but they have the cheek to turn them from soldiers to robots" In english if possible.

No doubt you are one of those people that constantly bangs on about it being "harder in my day" and "they're are not as good as they used to be".
    Exactly the same thing that was being said a generation ago and the same the generation before that.

I have been in Blandford now for about six months and although I am not a part of the school I still have daily contact with recruits and I find them to be respectful and willing to learn, not just trade skills but the ethos of soldiery.

And as for this comment - "blandford is a joke and the corporals there should be ashamed to work under such a poor commanding officer. i would advise no one to join the so called royal corps. its turning to rat s*** and the sooner the hierachy at blandford changes the better" I sincerely hope your comments are a "wah" and that you are NOT a member of the Royal Corps of Signals.

Because I would be ashamed to say that You are a colleague of mine.

9. TO 3BAGSFULL AND THE REST OF THE OXYGEN THIEFS

The training at Blandford is given by some of the best NCO that I have had the pleasure to have control. How dare you change what was a question from a concerned parent, to you mouthing off about the soldiers that are under instruction at Blandford. I would say from the qoute that you left that you have never been in charge of anything other than the kettle. Also why should'nt the class 1 CORPORALS be left to run the soldiers in Blandford, they are NCO and it's part of the job to command soldiers.

PM me if you dare.

10. Yes - Unless you can name any Class 1 Technicians that aren't NCOs? If not, shut up and get on with your job.

Are you at Blandford? If you are, request an interview with the CO and repeat that to him - in real life not cyberspace you pathetic moron.

Who exactly do you think would listen to your advice anyway?

11. having transferred to the corps after servinf 7 and a half years in the infantry, my experiences of blandford are two fold 1. the instructors and permanent staff are doing a damn fine job cutting between instructors/social workers/financial advisors and most of all trying to be soldiers in the mad PC world the army has become these days. Their job is'nt made any easier by scroats who don't seem to realise what a rank structure is and that there at the bottom of it.

12. Just to clear this up, Kohima Tp was disbanded in april last year, soldiers now do i week in induction Tp which is part of MLG then move directly to their respective Troops, and more often than not only have a couple of weeks wait until they start their trade course if not right away.

Polarcons if you get the phone number for either beaufighter Tp or Iron Tp they should be able to let you know the dates. hope this helps.