Radio Control Modelling....planes cars and boats... time to finally admit you never grew up

Right, Update. The two "ears" at the top, as you look at the pic, spring into the black plastic square. Now, will I be able to sink the square into the fuselage without weakening it too much, then glue it in place with POR? Shall I bend the "square" at the top of the wires through 90 degrees and "sellotape" it to the fuselage? It's all probs, and I ain't got the 'plane yet. I must be very careful about all this, it might keep me out of the pub.
undercarriage 001.JPG

I would have thought that you cut a narrow slot in the foam to take the plastic part and POR it in place, then clip the wire u/cart in when dry. Don't cut too much foam, you want a nice snug fit.

That's my thinking, I'll have to wait 'til I get the 'plane though, see how much meat I've got to work in.
All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

At last. I've got it. Well, nearly. No show, contacted Banggood. They said dispatched, tracker says tracked to local post office on the 19th. Go to local post office, never heard of it. OK, go to local sorting office. Never heard of it. Ring Parcelfarce, for it is they. Parcel delivered to PO at 1430 hrs on 19 oct, signed for by L.R. Ring PO with the evidence. Oh, we'll ring you back. Hour later. Oh yes, found it!
Keerist, it would have been quicker to sign up for the soldiers again. Anyway I'll pick it up tomorrow, hope weather keeps fair.

I had a very similar experience. Bought a spares box for my 57mm AT gun. Possibly the only NOS box in the world. Parcel force said it had been delivered when it hadn't. It was found in WH Smith's with the wrong label on! I calmed down after about 5 days!

Picked it up, put it together. Well impressed, couldn't believe how easily it went together. I'll give it a whizz when the wind drops, bit too draughty for a complete RC learner. I'll put off the under carriage fitting 'til I've got a few flights under me belt.

Post a pic!

For a first flight a wind speed of below 10mph is advised. Not sure that this weekend is looking promising! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you when you do fly it. Fly high, fly slow and stick under the lower wing.

Because we have 3 ponds in the garden often fancied getting an R/C MTB or Battle Ship......shelling the Ducks and Moorhens on the island could be good fun , stealth attack on the Hereon as the bugger try's to eat the fish and newts....
Looked on #bay but they all seem to be crap or unrealistic .
We saw some fantastic models on a pond in the New Forest a while back with a load of enthusiastic Gents in charge of them ,is there a market for these things S/H ? or do they just put it on a shelf and build another ?

Because we have 3 ponds in the garden often fancied getting an R/C MTB or Battle Ship......shelling the Ducks and Moorhens on the island could be good fun , stealth attack on the Hereon as the bugger try's to eat the fish and newts....
Looked on #bay but they all seem to be crap or unrealistic .
We saw some fantastic models on a pond in the New Forest a while back with a load of enthusiastic Gents in charge of them ,is there a market for these things S/H ? or do they just put it on a shelf and build another ?
Do they still do the thing at Scarborough. Sort of like Jutland on a boating lake.

To be fair though I'd rather be in a large naval battle than Scarborough.

I always thought being General Jumbo out the Beano would have been cool as a kid.....I've grown a bit since then and would need a Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier model now .

I always thought being General Jumbo out the Beano would have been cool as a kid.....I've grown a bit since then and would need a Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier model now .
Samers. I wonder if a modern model army would have to include the fatties, sick, lame and lazy, and whinging malingerers. Sort of like a New Model RLC?

Picked it up, put it together. Well impressed, couldn't believe how easily it went together. I'll give it a whizz when the wind drops, bit too draughty for a complete RC learner. I'll put off the under carriage fitting 'til I've got a few flights under me belt.
Now I am curious , what is the model?

getting near to finishing the skyvan waiting for speed controllers and props to arrive from China ailerons and servos and 2 Y leads into the wing

not so much "stand off scale"more " stand well back and squint scale"

not bad for two sheets of 6mm depron and one sheet of 3mm and some carbon, ply and balsa from the bits box
IMG_20181026_163014.jpg
IMG_20181026_163038.jpg

getting near to finishing the skyvan waiting for speed controllers and props to arrive from China ailerons and servos and 2 Y leads into the wing

not so much "stand off scale"more " stand well back and squint scale"

not bad for two sheets of 6mm depron and one sheet of 3mm and some carbon, ply and balsa from the bits box View attachment 359054 View attachment 359055
Looks bloody good to me, G!