Radio Control Modelling....planes cars and boats... time to finally admit you never grew up

I use white spirit with enamels. Not sure how foam friendly that is though.
I'd be tempted to prep it with Poly C then a light prime and topcoat using Halfords paint.

got bucketful of white spirit ,will try that out when I spray it... cheers mate

WS isnt such a 'hot' thinner/solvent as synthetic thinners so should be ok. Test a bit first!

I got a spray can of halfords acrylic primer, sprayed the bottom of the elevator 50 50 it would work or disolve the foam
It worked...now another couple of hours with masking tape to get all the old paint off then prime it

I've used halfords primer on my GWS 262 and it worked fine.

Anyone here build Tamiya RC buggies? I’ve got a Tamiya Frog that I built, and 3 nitro buggies - that I didn’t build.

I got a spray can of halfords acrylic primer, sprayed the bottom of the elevator 50 50 it would work or disolve the foam
It worked...now another couple of hours with masking tape to get all the old paint off then prime it
Been a while since I was on here , , family stuff stops building for a while , when did you get your 262 HT , wasn't bought from me was it ,we were " Mount Frost Imports"

Anyone here build Tamiya RC buggies? I’ve got a Tamiya Frog that I built, and 3 nitro buggies - that I didn’t build.
I had the Frog many years ago! Great fun, but no idea as to what happened to it. The flying models took over and all the buggy stuff disappeared. But I do fancy the Traxxas Bronco, great bit of kit.

Been a while since I was on here , , family stuff stops building for a while , when did you get your 262 HT , wasn't bought from me was it ,we were " Mount Frost Imports"
For the life of me I cant remember where I got it, it might have been Gliders. I see they stock the Super Flying Models kits - the SE5A looks quite nice! (Wife rolls eyes and sighs 'no more room!') :D

For the life of me I cant remember where I got it, it might have been Gliders. I see they stock the Super Flying Models kits - the SE5A looks quite nice! (Wife rolls eyes and sighs 'no more room!') :D
Mine says I have to sell some of them....like that is going to happen

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

it's on fleabay at £50
These are exceptionally good flyers , and although it seems pricey (they were 35 quid ten years ago , and they are EPS so a bit delicate , they are easily repaired,
Worth the price I think
I'd buy it myself but already have two of them

now getting as rare as rocking horse poop

Last edited:
GWS did some nice stuff. I'm still using one of their cheap as chips gyros in one of my models. Cured an uncontrollable ground looping issue.

And this machined masterpeice!

caught this on my FB this evening.... sshe asked me what I wanted for my birthday on the 20th I told her I needed a drone desperately, looking at a parrot, anyone got any info

anyhoo here's a shortfilm from the nutters at FliteTest

caught this on my FB this evening.... sshe asked me what I wanted for my birthday on the 20th I told her I needed a drone desperately, looking at a parrot, anyone got any info

I've got a P4P for sale if you want it. Yours for a grand.

Yowzers!! That was mighty impressive!!!

Latest Threads