Radio Control Modelling....planes cars and boats... time to finally admit you never grew up

Something like the Hobbyking Bixler is good. Cheap, lecci powered, good wingspan, pusher prop so less likely to break, and foam, so can glue together after a crash. You will need radio gear. All my stuff is Spektrum but you are spoilt for choice really.
View attachment 355345

I taught a few people to fly with one of these, an ST Models Discovery.
View attachment 355346
I'd forgotten about the Bixler my kit is Specky as well , every time there's a sale of servos in china I usually buy a dozen , at £1.50 each they can't be matched , and for the things I fly , probably not worth risking an expensive digital servo, and for the foamies a cheap orange or lemon receiver ... getting expensive these days , last one cost me £11

Last edited:
Don't know where you are, but if you were reasonably local you could have a test fly on one of my models, and I could set up and dial in your purchase for you. A properly set up and trimmed model is so much easier to fly. That reminds me. I would always buy a transmitter with 'expo', all programmable sets have this. It reduces the sensitivity of the sticks around the centre and helps calm a model down.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Don't know where you are, but if you were reasonably local you could have a test fly on one of my models, and I could set up and dial in your purchase for you. A properly set up and trimmed model is so much easier to fly. That reminds me. I would always buy a transmitter with 'expo', all programmable sets have this. It reduces the sensitivity of the sticks around the centre and helps calm a model down.
I might take you up on that if I go ahead

How about the Parkzone WeCanFly? I have several PZ models and they have all flown well from the box. It's large, which a trainer should be IMHO and it has a bomb bay! Yes, you can drop stuff from it, paras, toffees, illegal substances, what ever takes your fancy! There are normally a good stock of spare parts too. Cut my low wing teeth on a Parkzone Trojan which I still fly.

HSF0314303_a14.jpg

My oh my! Love that Albi!!!!! Great level of sound you achieved there. Which model did you use for that, and do you have a pic showing the installation?

Watching this vid got me back into RC flying a few years ago. It's a bit long in the tooth but still worth a look. First generation Parkzone P51 used. Now grab your plane and get your motor running!!!

strangely , I just went down stairs , and took a couple of shots of what I have on the go at the moment , and as I open ed ARRSE I found you've posted much the same .
so here are a couple of shots of whats on my board at the moment
IMG_20181004_201445 (1).jpg
it's from a very old RCME plan , 1970s original is balsa and carved block nose , this is 6 mm depron , and carve pink insulation foam laminated . I have 2 e max 28 05 motors and 15 amp ESCs ...not really happy about the wing though so I may cut another pair from the pink foam

these are Lidl chuck gliders one is rudder elevator, one is aileron elevator and the one on the right is getting pitcherons ... got to have these finished to take with me when we go south to portugal in Februry for the end of the winter in the motorhome ... the first two are great little flyers
IMG_20181004_201133.jpg

IMG_20181004_201604.jpg

I don't have a huge garage like you @Halftrack , I have to store then on a redundant bunk bed... the wing on the KK invader needs "reworking", the darker of the formosas has retracts , the red islander uses two blue wonder 1700s and goes vertical , but flies too fast , but with the flaps dropped it is pretty realistic if still a bit fast, theres a half built lanc in there somewhere, a new unboxed islander and an old Holzman Boomer , with a solid carved and laminated wing , and it will fly again ... one day

weather is crap here , time for building again ... when she's got all the gardening jobs for me to do completed

I fly a drone and belong to our local club who tolerate me as I take pictures for them but it's not the same as my dream Hurricane, Camel, Hornet, DH88 Comet, ME163.... you get the idea :-(

I'm fortunate to have a small farm. So I have set aside a bit of my barn as a hanger. It also houses my halftrack!

I fly a drone and belong to our local club who tolerate me as I take pictures for them but it's not the same as my dream Hurricane, Camel, Hornet, DH88 Comet, ME163.... you get the idea :-(
Hey Ian! You need to make that dream come true!!

It's not RC but can post a pic as long as you keep it under your hat!

Don't tell the mods I've posted this here!
M3 htrack.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Jobs Offered 0
B Weapons, Equipment & Rations 145
Sid_Ruff Classified Ads 10

Latest Threads