Radio Control Modelling....planes cars and boats... time to finally admit you never grew up

Stop it, stop it, stop it.
In other news, I've sorted a nut, ready to go again. Any ideas on prop availability?
Have you considered buying a big eff off CENTURION instead - less easy to crash :-D

Doris watching "Strictly"... grandkids gone home with their Mum and Dad , after staying here for a week, bottle of Merlot breathing, and a final hour stuffing bits of wire into the wings on the Skyvan

now just need to sort out , shorten /tidy up those wires fit the nacelles , and tart it up ready to fly, or at least to taxi test it outside the house, weather permitting

life could be worse

I do want that Centurion !!!! View attachment 362251
Looking forward to hearing about a successful maiden flight!
BTW which Cent floats your boat, the 1/6 or 1/16 version?

Errrrrrr, no. But you could get the Tamiya 1/25 kit with the rc option instead of the interior detail version, and fit a Clark controller with their Cent engine sounds loaded.

stop it .... get thee hence! too near....far too near ... to Christmas

I'm not a tanky wallah, but if I was I would be dusting off the credit card - it would be sheer madness not to :-D
If you can get hold of one!

ugly

LE
Just a question, its been years since I dabbled in RC helicopters and simple planes. I am in need of a simple transmitter and receiver unit to operate a single servo. I'm not creating IEDs its for a remote gun dog dummy launcher we have in stock but which came without the RC stuff.
The Side-Kick Single Remote Launcher - RRT
They have offered a kit but say we can get it here cheaper than shipping from the US. Any ideas?

It's not a scale model! You have to make certain compromises when you are building it from flat pieces of foam. It's designed for quick build and lots of fun!

Last edited:
Just a question, its been years since I dabbled in RC helicopters and simple planes. I am in need of a simple transmitter and receiver unit to operate a single servo. I'm not creating IEDs its for a remote gun dog dummy launcher we have in stock but which came without the RC stuff.
The Side-Kick Single Remote Launcher - RRT
They have offered a kit but say we can get it here cheaper than shipping from the US. Any ideas?
So what are you requiring the servo to do? Pull the release? EBay will be your friend. But I might have a spare tx/rx/servo combo if you get stuck. You just need to add a 4.8 to 6v battery.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
Its a simple servo pushed the trigger arm out of the safety notch on the tube, the spring pulls it back into the launcher and fires a .22rf blank launching a spigot dummy for the dog to see and retrieve! Fairly realistic training!