Radio Control Modelling....planes cars and boats... time to finally admit you never grew up

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
I did look at the Armortek Cent a while back.
Still thinking about it.
(Not too hard. I hope, bloody expensive toys.)
Thinking about it, it was a Tiger, not a Cent.

Last edited:
Have just spoken to the guy with the 1/6 Churchill's. It uses diesel to shoot flame out to around 6 feet. He has a letter from the Home Office confirming it's not a prohibited weapon. Going to visit the tank in just over a weeks time to have a look so can do a full report then. It's not available as a kit BTW.

20181116_105408.jpg

Have just spoken to the guy with the 1/6 Churchill's. It uses diesel to shoot flame out to around 6 feet. He has a letter from the Home Office confirming it's not a prohibited weapon. Going to visit the tank in just over a weeks time to have a look so can do a full report then. It's not available as a kit BTW.

View attachment 362001
This and a Katyusha - just what I need to get me interested in keeping the garden under control and cats off the lawn.

I like a model with a purpose. That way you can swing it past your Mrs. Got a weed problem? Radio control gardening. Put your feet up, grab a tinny and burn them suckers!

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
And so it begins!
Well. Began.
Cloudy, very little wind, let's go for it. Hand launch, rapid landing. No probs, more revs, orf it goes again..woohoo, we're flying, easier than I thought. Few circuits anti clockwise, no sweat, figures of eight, easy peasy. A crow loitering about, I'll chase it. Bird thought I was stupid. Could be right. Now getting Douglas Baderish, go for Angels many, aha, it's windier up there, OK, circle, soar, dive...bugger, which way is it going?

Away. That's where it was going. A long way away. Five fields away, or five miles, whichever was the furthest.

Good job it's mainly white, if it was a cam'd up Spitfire, I wouldn't have found it, it's final progress was arrested by some clumps of marsh grass, which must have grabbed the prop, the nut came undone and the prop pissed orf, I know not where. There's a spare prop, dunno where I'm going to find a nut.

Shades of Perham Down, early 70's, I built a big thing with a Mill's engine, that sodded off too. Never learn, some people.

I might start saving for the big Cent. I've got the reg for it, 21B painted on the water can...

Big Cent looks tasty , but too many memories of sorting the sods out to want to play with a small one that will probably keep breaking down (like the big ones did...well after I had been working on them they did)... be nice with a motor sound system that rattled and backfired as it went down hills on the governors, with huge flames shooting out the exhausts

and too expensive for me ,a poor old pensioner, on the bread line , freezing because we can't turn on the heating , and standing waiting at the food bank;)

I would classify that as a big success! It will fly again, just keep it closer! Prop nut shouldn't be a prob. Put a gauge on it and let us know. One of us should have something that will fit.

Big Cent looks tasty , but too many memories of sorting the sods out to want to play with a small one that will probably keep breaking down (like the big ones did...well after I had been working on them they did)... be nice with a motor sound system that rattled and backfired as it went down hills on the governors, with huge flames shooting out the exhausts

and too expensive for me ,a poor old pensioner, on the bread line , freezing because we can't turn on the heating , and standing waiting at the food bank;)
Got a cardboard box you can sleep in. It's free! :D

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ha! Cent's broke down! Did you never work on Chieftain? They were break down from the word go. We were the first gang to be kitted out with them. Sodding things.
As for the rest of it, have you no furniture to burn? Search the verges for roadkill, where's yer get up and go man FFS.
Top tip. Go tramping round the country side looking for a 'plane, that'll keep you warm. (Wear wellies)

Ha! Cent's broke down! Did you never work on Chieftain? They were break down from the word go. We were the first gang to be kitted out with them. Sodding things.
As for the rest of it, have you no furniture to burn? Search the verges for roadkill, where's yer get up and go man FFS.
Top tip. Go tramping round the country side looking for a 'plane, that'll keep you warm. (Wear wellies)
lifted more chieftain packs and gearboxes than I wish to remember , was also on the trials team at ATDU when the first challengers arrived , and was posted to the RH with the first of them issued to the units ...Arrived back from Granby to find all our regiments tanks in bits having had all the packs , some suspension parts , loads of TOGs kit and electronic parts and even a couple of barrels missing , took months to get back up to scratch... not just the big stuff , the baby tanks had mostly been raped as well