Radio Control Modelling....planes cars and boats... time to finally admit you never grew up

I've got a multiplex twinstar that I bought second hand. Way underpowered, but never got round to upgrading. One to put into a bring and buy I reckon.

Anyone got any advice and/or recommendations for organising some insurance? I'm getting into fixed wing stuff which requires a bit more space, and also looking to experiment with FPV on helis (yes, I know...).

Join the BMFA. cheap as chips (ok maybe throw in some large pieces of cod too) and you get a mag as well!

Any strings? I've had a few encounters with "experienced flyers" where I've had to struggle to remain polite, so I'm not sure that a club environment is for me...

You dont have to join a club to join the BMFA as far as I know. There was talk of having to be a club member to fly, but like all rules the rogue element will always ignore them and who is going to police it? I'm like you, the club clique is not for me.

Have you flown planks before?

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
Beginning to wish I'd got a R/C tank. Spent some time sorting out an AJS, got back into the XK A 1200, balancing and suchlike, it's been either pimply sissing, or blowing a hoolie, and with my diminishing reflexes I don't want to start off with uncontrolled landings, or landing. It's brought back memories of previous flights though. Ah well. All the time in the world.

building and repairing weather ... it's just one of those things that happens , you spent weeks/months building when the weather is perfect, pound to a pinch of shit the day you're readt to test fly it there will be a hurricane or torrential downpour... time to start on your next but one project o_O

I remembered this afternoon why I don't build twins too often

apart front buying twice as many motors , escs props prop savers , there is twice as much soldering and wiring

Motors now ready to fit the Skyvan, anyone know the best way to fit contra props clockwise to the right or to the left
my thinking clockwise to the left, in the event of the right motor stopping it will tend to pull the plane to the left , therefore speeding up the right wing a bit, hopefully preventing stalling the right wing(and vice versa)

anyone have any thoughts on this , or an I just pissing against the wind at this small scale as it will not cause any problems, should I have bothered with cw and ccw props

Not sure prop direction makes much difference at our scales. I have a Beaufighter and I think I have them turning into the fuselage if that makes sense. But I need to check. There was a bit about it on RC Groups, will try to find it.

Beginning to wish I'd got a R/C tank. Spent some time sorting out an AJS, got back into the XK A 1200, balancing and suchlike, it's been either pimply sissing, or blowing a hoolie, and with my diminishing reflexes I don't want to start off with uncontrolled landings, or landing. It's brought back memories of previous flights though. Ah well. All the time in the world.
You said you wanted a tank. Well look what I found you. A working Crocodile!!!

20181116_085119.jpg

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs