Radio 4 to lose Cass and Green

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by mush_dad, Sep 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

This might well mark the beginning of the end of civilisation.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Its not often that a company's personnel changes makes the national news!

I expect they'll both be freelancing for the beeb within the next few weeks, and certainly The news quiz wouldn't be the same without her
  3. Isn't KAte Adie due to step down shortly, after she is past retirement age.

One wonders though what was the alternative to voluntary redundancy.
  4. Sorry to lower the tone (slightly) but they are sex talk voices if ever - like that M&S advert.

Attached Files:

5. No one and I mean no one has had or will ever have a voice as sexy as Charlotte Green.
    I have deliberately avoided seeing a picture of her as nothing will compare to my imaginations.
    I would do Harriet Cass as well if I wasn't busy.
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Charlotte Green has the voice that launched a thousand nocturnal emissions! Calm, authoritave - in a nice way - smooth and deeply sexy. I don't care what she looks like, I would wear a blindfold!

Harriet Cass is almost as pleasant. Minds me to think of other voices that have that indefineable sultriness. Fenella Fielding was a prime example. A purr that makes one want to roll over and have ones belly tickled.
  7. Unless you can afford the services of HC or CG to read you a good night story when dribbling into the pillow as you drift to sleep in an Asbach Uralt haze, the next best solution, gentlemen, is to record every available forecast while they are available, so they can be played end on end.

Here is an extract as a starter: "Forties, Cromarty: fair to middling, rising, good. German Bight: inadvisable. North of England: poor."
    • Like Like x 1
  8. She's more unattractive than a lime green Ford Kaa.

I'd rather finger Cass Pennant (the reformed football hooligan turned author).
  9. Anyone hear the outtakes this morning?

10. For sexy voice and visual to heartily bang one off, I give you Kirsty Young.

Attached Files:

11. IIRC when Peter Donaldson reached retirement age he was pensioned off and immediately rehired as a freelancer. The same deal could (should!) be offered to the ladies Green & Cass.
  12. Don't forget Brian Perkins. Great voice. He was rehired as a free lance for a while.
  13. What time? It may be possible to hear it on iPlayer.