Radio 4 - Reflections - Norman Tebbit

Not sure if I have posted this twice as it appears the system is ' up and down ' at the moment.

Just in case, and I think this will strike a few chords here - dig it out and listen to it.

And weep .....

Cant find it, what's it about? (probably its all about himself, excuse the bone question). He always got a good press for straight talking from the right, and a bad press for being a political thug from the left. I cant make up my mind either way. 32 years ago he was at his top, seems a long time ago and an awful lot has changed in that long time. He actually is a very old bloke now.

F

fozzy

Just listened to it and enjoyed it. Peter Hennessy as interviewer asking some interesting questions.

I heard him on Radio 4 today by accident and thoroughly enjoyed it. He is character not like the mass produced, homogonized, never had a proper job, vacuous kids that are supposed to be running the country. Plus of course he seems to think that more people should vote for UKIP!

Yea he had a good record really, grammar school boy, National Service crab jet pilot, then Airline pilot and head of the union (association) then went into politics as I recall. Yep, not that many MPs like that now I suppose. it just seems a pretty ....poisonous period for the country, looking back to then - the eighties.

It was a very good interview, and brings out some surprises about his views on some of the Labour party leadership in the post war government. Its a pity his political ambitions were cut short by the Brighton bombing, and the horrendous injuries suffered by his wife as well as himself. He is a man of his word however, and quotes his promises to his wife were made long before he joined the conservative party, hence his retirement from front line politics to look after his disabled wife.

He is a man of his word however,
Which is, in my opinion, what sets him head and shoulders above the rubbish, from all parties, that infest Westminster nowadays.

Didnt agree with his views but he held sincere beliefs and had achieved outside of westminister.
Which is more than can be said of most of the cabinet and shadow cabinet.
We could do more of his ilk in both sides of westminister.
Would you get in a plane flown by any mp at the moment?

Didnt agree with his views but he held sincere beliefs and had achieved outside of westminister.
My current MP was a whizz kid banker and had made a fortune then gone into Politics, but got caught out over some expenses misdemeanour and was sacked from the cabinet. For that and other reasons he wont be getting my vote. Current crop all have the same look and background about them, that's for sure.
As for piloting a plane who would be worse? Boris Johnson, I imagine..

Yea he had a good record really, grammar school boy, National Service crab jet pilot, then Airline pilot and head of the union (association) then went into politics as I recall. Yep, not that many MPs like that now I suppose. it just seems a pretty ....poisonous period for the country, looking back to then - the eighties.
I had to check the veracity of your facts, only because I found it hard to believe he did National Service and was a pilot. "Serving with the RAF, during which he flew Meteor and Vampire jets and once had to break open the cockpit canopy of a burning Meteor 8 aircraft to escape from it". Good skills, that man.

T

trowel

I don`t even want to be in a country "flown" by any of the MP`s in Westminster.