Radio 4 -Birmingham AFCO has the strongest recruitment?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Franz, Aug 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Radio 4 just had a programme on at 11.30 highlighting the fact that Birmingham AFCO manages the best recruitment figures. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on why young Brummies are throwing themselves at the Army more than anyone else?
  2. Because they will do anything to get out of Birmingham
  3. Its not just me then
  4. Because the Birmingham AFCO staff are frighteningly pro-active, they have to be, the office isn't sited in the most desireable location.

They do work very hard putting in visits etc, and are usually very co-operative.

Except when it comes to giving out Army branded freebies :evil:
  5. Do you mean they have started the press-gangs again in Brum?

Are there lots of new recruits waking this morning with a dazed look and hairline fracture of the skull.

More so than normal after a weekend, anyway .......
  6. Wouldn't surprise me at all. How many young brummies thought they were going to a scientology 'self-awareness' session , and woke up on the way to Lichfield? :D

In all seriousness they do work hard, and employ all sorts of ways and means to get the message out and about.

Just don't mention to them you're having a TA open day.
  7. I'd rather half an army from Brumland than three armies from Fiji, Ghana and Nigeria. (Not racism, just had some bad experiences). Homegrown and hardworking (and, according to the Sun, funnier) wins the vote over slow and idle anyday.
  8. Hear hear skbm,

Being a brummie, I couldn't agree more!
  9. The staff at the recruitment office always spent alot of their time visiting my cadet unit, they would have informal chats with them, and then as soon as they reached the correct age, would 'push' them to join up if they were interested. Helping them every step of the way, giving their mobile numbers to the keen ones and such.
    And yes, there office is in a shiite location, the looks they must get when popping out for lunch, alot of people dont even realise its there.
  10. Extremist Muslim plants.
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Would that be Hashish?
  12. Was that on the Radio 4 documentary with the distraught recently berieved mother, and the family refusing to support their sons decision to enter the forces?