Radio 2 Again

"Whispering" Bob Harris is good value. He keeps the chat to the minimum and when he does open his mouth it is about the music and the artist, not what he had for breakfast. Bring back TOGWT on the telly and I'll happily (well almost) pay the licence fee.

The inane "banter" of Ball, the one with the fringe, Wright, Feltz and the rest of them, coupled with the phone-ins, shout-outs and all the other fcukwittery gets R2 switched over immediately as it is bad enough facing another day at the salt mines without them squalking while I'm eating my breakfast gruel or dealing with a hangover on the weekend. I don't care whether the should milk or the tea/coffe should go in the cup first (it's milk), I don't want to know what Barry from Macclesfield is doing on his day out or who Sandra from Sidcup wants to say hello to. It gets switched to R4 for the news and the ensuing domestic is a small price to pay.

Elaine "Dirty Laugh" Paige on a Sunday followed by Paul O'Grady are about the only R2 presenters 'er Indoors and can listen to together, while at work Ken Bruce is acceptable to most and gets switched over as soon as Vine makes an appearance. Apart from that, for me it is mainly R4, although I am increasingly losing patience with that for its woke, white male hating, political bias and unfunny "comedies", then onto R3 which gets switched over when it starts playing obscure "world music", to Classic FM.*

*"Tweet of the Day", "Farming Today", the weather, "The Shipping Forecast", some plays, "Ed Reardon", "Claire in the Community" and the news are what keeps me tuning in.
I stopped listening to the radio a while back, it was the ‘Dave double decks’ bollocks chat over all of the music that was the beginning of the end. They all have their own agenda , or children in need or comic relief of some other inane crap that they are championing for ‘charidee’ so I listen to Spotify. I choose the music and no ‘Dave double decks’ it is bliss.

Well he might have a career in the prison radio station. Here's to all the guys in cell 214 - The Prisoners song
Back in the days of cassette players in cars, we knocked up a few mix tapes for prisoner runs.
I fought the law, jailhouse rock, back on the chain gang etc.
Miserable buggers never used to join in the singalongs.

Back in the days of cassette players in cars, we knocked up a few mix tapes for prisoner runs.
I fought the law, jailhouse rock, back on the chain gang etc.
Miserable buggers never used to join in the singalongs.
I wonder why...

bcsack

War Hero
I haven’t tuned in for at least two years now.
I still miss Jimmy Young’s programme, great interviewer easy to listen too knew what his subject was and then that Cnut Vine took over :threaten: and that was the beginning of the end for Radio 2.
I often think JY must be turning in his grave when i hear that woke condescending cnut Vine wittering on. Yesterday he was wearing a menopause simulator gillet FFS - had to switch off 'cause i didn't have a shotgun.

I often think JY must be turning in his grave when i hear that woke condescending cnut Vine wittering on. Yesterday he was wearing a menopause simulator gillet FFS - had to switch off 'cause i didn't have a shotgun.
I haven‘t met or heard of any one who likes the Cnut Vine and I’m not joking, how he works in the media is beyond me.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It's enough to give you a hot flush. The woke Cnut.

Still missing "Sing Something Simple with the Cliff Adams' Singers" on a Sunday.