Radio 2 Again

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I know replying twice but I remembered this

How, how did they get away with this? pure genius

They were brilliant. Remember listening to this in the car and needed to pull over due to laughing so much.

I've totally given up on any BBC broadcasts. They all seem to have a political message to ram down our throats. I look forward to the end of the license fee and them having to manage life in a commercial world now that they have lost the many niche markets they created with institutional ignorance and allowed smaller commercial broadcasters the chance to prove they can survive on advertising revenue.
The BBC will never be weaned of the tax payers teat. The exact method of extorting cash will change, but extort it they will.

You can tell the average age of R2 audiences by the DJs, the DJs of the last 10-15 years were those that were on R1 in the 70/80s. Now they are being replaced by the DJs from the 90s. As said up thread, it's a generational thing, and those of us that were listening to R1 can like it or lump it.

Having said that, I cheered when I heard Wright was going, detested him on R1, detest him on R2. Now if only Vine would follow him out the door...

Daz

LE

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I used to listen to Radio 2, but it became so very bad that I stopped cold turkey. I can't bear the local (to me) or national commercial stations; so many annoying, loud and repetitive adverts. Thank God for Audible. I normally have two books on the go. One for me, and one for if my dearest is in the car. I wouldn't want to hear her complaining loudly over my book choice making me miss a bit, would I?

Slightly late but Fatty Feltz is also leaving R2.
Have I said that I cannot stand her.
The only one I like is Ken Bruce and Pop Master.

On her speech about leaving Radio 2, Vanessa Feltz said she needs to catch up on 10 years beauty sleep.
Who the feck is she trying to kid. If she's going to catch up on beauty sleep, then she needs to go into a coma for 70 years.

do they need a wicked witch in any childrens film or story as vanessa feltz is free..

This Alex Belfield who's accused of stalking 8 different people over a period of 8 years? You might not like Vine but Belfield is on a different level...

Well, he was found guilty today on four of the eight counts.

He's always struck me as being a strange, obsessive and rather unpleasant character. Nobody could ever accuse him of lacking in self-belief. He seemed to consider that when, in reality, he was the defendant facing serious charges at Crown Court, it was really an opportunity for him to take the Nottinghamshire police, the BBC and everyone else to task for bullying, corruption, and dishonesty. He was smugly confident (to a wearying degree) of taking them all down. It seems that the jury took a different view and things haven't worked out as he anticipated.

During this process he managed to persuade more than a few willing mugs to part with their money to fund his defence for this case as well as future private litigation he intended bringing, while all the time popping up on YouTube with vlogs of his latest expensive foreign holidays.

Sentencing next month, I think.

Well, he was found guilty today on four of the eight counts.

He's always struck me as being a strange, obsessive and rather unpleasant character. Nobody could ever accuse him of lacking in self-belief. He seemed to consider that when, in reality, he was the defendant facing serious charges at Crown Court, it was really an opportunity for him to take the Nottinghamshire police, the BBC and everyone else to task for bullying, corruption, and dishonesty. He was smugly confident (to a wearying degree) of taking them all down. It seems that the jury took a different view and things haven't worked out as he anticipated.

During this process he managed to persuade more than a few willing mugs to part with their money to fund his defence for this case as well as future private litigation he intended bringing, while all the time popping up on YouTube with vlogs of his latest expensive foreign holidays.

Sentencing next month, I think.

Will he get chokey?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Once Steve Wright has left the building they should flamethrower R2 completely.

It is utter shite.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Except Ken. He’s still ok.
He’s not, he’s shite like the rest of them. Wogan-lite, and Wogan was crap.

There, I shit on these ‘national treasures’!

The Judge says it's a possibility.
That wording suggests to me that he might well end up with a suspended sentence. When a judge says a custodial sentence is 'likely' or 'probable', that is very often the outcome. If I was Belfield, I'd be clinging on to 'possible'.

Nevertheless, he'd be quite justified in shitting himself in anticipation.

Latest Threads