Radical Atheistic Fundamentalists.....

#4
Erm , aethiests have fork all to do with any of the cases hes using as evidence.

Hes mistaking Political correctness with aethiesm surely :roll:
 
#8
Hello _Artemis_,

the Nazis were atheists and had a habit of destroying churches and killing people amongst other things.
The Soviet Socialists,Chinese Communists and many others did the same.
Similar things went on during some of the French revolutions,they had so many,I forget which.

tangosix.
 
#9
MRciviytoungue said:
I proberly should spell check thats true. Why out of all my badly spelt posts do you highlight one that is correctly spelt?
I think he may have been referring to your name Mrciviytoungue,i could be wrong?!
 
#10
Oh it was just initally he quited the words "good point" but then edited it. I supose not spelling my name was slack I knew it did not look right. In a sense its more representive of my posts by being wrong it would almost be missleading to be spely correctly as the following post surly would not)
 
#11
I'm an Atheist, I've commited no crime! Well, nothing to do with churches, Christmas and nazis at least.
 
#12
_Artemis_ said:
Any examples of atheists blowing things up in the name of atheism?
tangosix said:
Hello _Artemis_,

the Nazis were atheists and had a habit of destroying churches and killing people amongst other things.
The Soviet Socialists,Chinese Communists and many others did the same.
Similar things went on during some of the French revolutions,they had so many,I forget which.

tangosix.
Hey T6 - "in the name of atheism" rather than "in the name of Nazism, Socialism or Communism".
 
#13
Hello _Artemis_,

too many years have passed since I studied French revolutions but I seem to remember there being a major drive to wipe out religion.
No doubt there is someone here with a better knowledge of European history.
As for the National Socialists,Soviet Socialists,Communists etc.,could we agree on "in the name of atheistic ideologies" but not "in the name of atheism"?

tangosix
 
#14
tangosix said:
Hello _Artemis_,

too many years have passed since I studied French revolutions but I seem to remember there being a major drive to wipe out religion.
No doubt there is someone here with a better knowledge of European history.
As for the National Socialists,Soviet Socialists,Communists etc.,could we agree on "in the name of atheistic ideologies" but not "in the name of atheism"?

tangosix
Hey there T6 -

There certainly was a serious move to wipe out religion, but IIRC that was due to its associations with class and oppression of the poor (and so was really a class struggle, not a religious one). Ditto for the Nazis and Commies - their raison d'etre wasn't atheism qua atheism. Still don't see anyone blowing stuff up because of atheism as a primary goal rather than as an accidental by-product.
 
#15
_Artemis_ said:
_Artemis_ said:
Any examples of atheists blowing things up in the name of atheism?
tangosix said:
Hello _Artemis_,

the Nazis were atheists and had a habit of destroying churches and killing people amongst other things.
The Soviet Socialists,Chinese Communists and many others did the same.
Similar things went on during some of the French revolutions,they had so many,I forget which.

tangosix.
Hey T6 - "in the name of atheism" rather than "in the name of Nazism, Socialism or Communism".
The Crusaders were Christians and had a habit of destroying mosques and killing innocent people.
The Spanish Inquisition had a habit of torturing and burning people alive in the name of "God"
Some fundamentalist christian "Pro lifers" have a habit of murdering doctors who practice abortion.
Women in many parts of the middle east lead lives full of fear and oppression, as third class citizens.....just a few random examples all in the name of religion.

need I go on?

The Nazi's, Soviets, Chinese, and French revolutionaries didnt commit all their atrocities in the name of atheism, they did it because of lust for power and control over their fellow man.
 
#16
All religion is basically fairy tale b0llocks and all religions have had their terrorists.

It just so happens that at this exact moment in time, the vast majority muslimes are not terrorists, but the vasy majority of terrorist are muslimes.

If someone wants to start an atheist (agnostic would probably be a better one, want to cover my bases) army where we can wipe out every fucking fundamentalist of all religions, I'm in.
 
#17
"Virulent and irrational" attacks on religion wouldnt come from any atheist with half a brain, we're not in the habit of ranting and raving. I highly recommend the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. His arguments are calm, meticulous and backed up by exhaustive research and eloquant common sense.
 
#18
Aunty Stella said:
All religion is basically fairy tale b0llocks and all religions have had their terrorists.

It just so happens that at this exact moment in time, the vast majority muslimes are not terrorists, but the vasy majority of terrorist are muslimes.

If someone wants to start an atheist (agnostic would probably be a better one, want to cover my bases) army where we can wipe out every fucking fundamentalist of all religions, I'm in.
The problem isn't simply the fundamentalists, unfortunately: the moderates who provide a power base for the lunatics and do nothing to challenge them are also part of the problem. Why aren't all moderate Jews crying out against the Zionists? All moderate muslisms not denouncing the Taleban? All moderate Christians not telling the religious right that they're insane?
 
#19
_Artemis_ said:
Aunty Stella said:
All religion is basically fairy tale b0llocks and all religions have had their terrorists.

It just so happens that at this exact moment in time, the vast majority muslimes are not terrorists, but the vasy majority of terrorist are muslimes.

If someone wants to start an atheist (agnostic would probably be a better one, want to cover my bases) army where we can wipe out every fucking fundamentalist of all religions, I'm in.
The problem isn't simply the fundamentalists, unfortunately: the moderates who provide a power base for the lunatics and do nothing to challenge them are also part of the problem. Why aren't all moderate Jews crying out against the Zionists? All moderate muslisms not denouncing the Taleban? All moderate Christians not telling the religious right that they're insane?
Exactly, therefore a none affiiated army to go and kill them all. No religious sides, no genecide, just do away with the fcukers that carry out or support fundamentalism on any side. World peace in one easy gas chamber (sure I'll get sh1t for that)
 
#20
tangosix said:
Hello _Artemis_,

the Nazis were atheists and had a habit of destroying churches and killing people amongst other things.
The Soviet Socialists,Chinese Communists and many others did the same.
Similar things went on during some of the French revolutions,they had so many,I forget which.

tangosix.
Adolf Hitler - "As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice" .Most of the leading Nazi's were into the occult and Paganism.
So Atheists are not the war hungry feckers you make out.. lol
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top